permission to delete

Steve

permission to delete
I know it may be easy for everyone else, but im lost. I got this thing a few
weeks agoand the only accounts on it are mine(amdin), my daughter, and i have
the guest account on. Why is it asking me for permission to delete a file
when i put it there and im the administrator. Perhaps its the location(C:\).
Can anyone help????
P. Di Stolfo

Re: permission to delete
Hello,

this issue is very common. I hope I can explain correctly: Under Vista, even
if you are the logged on as Administrator, not all programs are running in
Administrative level, due to the security functions of Vista. Some
directories are secured by not letting the user delete or change files. C:
is, for instance, such a location. If you want to delete the file,
right-click C:, click Properties -> tab Security and make sure that your
account is listed there, and a listed user group you belong to has all
necessary permissions.

Hope this helps.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I know it may be easy for everyone else, but im lost. I got this thing a
>few
> weeks agoand the only accounts on it are mine(amdin), my daughter, and i
> have
> the guest account on. Why is it asking me for permission to delete a file
> when i put it there and im the administrator. Perhaps its the
> location(C:\).
> Can anyone help????

Stoffi

Re: permission to delete
How can I turn off these security functions, without enabling the built-in
administrator account? I don't want Vista to be my nanny.

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this issue is very common. I hope I can explain correctly: Under Vista, even
> if you are the logged on as Administrator, not all programs are running in
> Administrative level, due to the security functions of Vista. Some
> directories are secured by not letting the user delete or change files. C:
> is, for instance, such a location. If you want to delete the file,
> right-click C:, click Properties -> tab Security and make sure that your
> account is listed there, and a listed user group you belong to has all
> necessary permissions.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I know it may be easy for everyone else, but im lost. I got this thing a
> >few
> > weeks agoand the only accounts on it are mine(amdin), my daughter, and i
> > have
> > the guest account on. Why is it asking me for permission to delete a file
> > when i put it there and im the administrator. Perhaps its the
> > location(C:\).
> > Can anyone help????

P. Di Stolfo

Re: permission to delete
Hello,

to disable the User Account Control, go to Control Panel -> User Account and
Family Safety -> Turn User Account Control on or off.

Hope this helps.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stoffi" <Stoffi@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How can I turn off these security functions, without enabling the built-in
> administrator account? I don't want Vista to be my nanny.
>
> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> this issue is very common. I hope I can explain correctly: Under Vista,
>> even
>> if you are the logged on as Administrator, not all programs are running
>> in
>> Administrative level, due to the security functions of Vista. Some
>> directories are secured by not letting the user delete or change files.
>> C:
>> is, for instance, such a location. If you want to delete the file,
>> right-click C:, click Properties -> tab Security and make sure that your
>> account is listed there, and a listed user group you belong to has all
>> necessary permissions.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >I know it may be easy for everyone else, but im lost. I got this thing
>> >few
>> > weeks agoand the only accounts on it are mine(amdin), my daughter, and
>> > have
>> > the guest account on. Why is it asking me for permission to delete a
>> > file
>> > when i put it there and im the administrator. Perhaps its the
>> > location(C:\).
>> > Can anyone help????

John

Re: permission to delete
Be careful. You are opening the door for a hacker to come in by the
Internet and spoiling your whole day.

The way Vista gets permission is annoying at first, but old timers seem to
agree that the way they do that minimizes your discomfort while maximizing
protection against the outside world.

John

"Stoffi" <Stoffi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I turn off these security functions, without enabling the built-in
> administrator account? I don't want Vista to be my nanny.
>
> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> this issue is very common. I hope I can explain correctly: Under Vista,
>> even
>> if you are the logged on as Administrator, not all programs are running
>> in
>> Administrative level, due to the security functions of Vista. Some
>> directories are secured by not letting the user delete or change files.
>> C:
>> is, for instance, such a location. If you want to delete the file,
>> right-click C:, click Properties -> tab Security and make sure that your
>> account is listed there, and a listed user group you belong to has all
>> necessary permissions.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >I know it may be easy for everyone else, but im lost. I got this thing
>> >few
>> > weeks agoand the only accounts on it are mine(amdin), my daughter, and
>> > have
>> > the guest account on. Why is it asking me for permission to delete a
>> > file
>> > when i put it there and im the administrator. Perhaps its the
>> > location(C:\).
>> > Can anyone help????

askrenes

Re: permission to delete
I'm having the same problem, but when I right click on C: (or any folder in
Explorer) and click Properties -> tab Security, I'm unable to change
permissions. I get two pop-up messages: "An error occurred while applying
security information to: [name of folder]. Access is denied.", and "Unable
to save permission changes on [name of folder]. Access is denied."

I am the sole account on the computer, and am an Administrator with User
Account Control off.

Help!

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this issue is very common. I hope I can explain correctly: Under Vista, even
> if you are the logged on as Administrator, not all programs are running in
> Administrative level, due to the security functions of Vista. Some
> directories are secured by not letting the user delete or change files. C:
> is, for instance, such a location. If you want to delete the file,
> right-click C:, click Properties -> tab Security and make sure that your
> account is listed there, and a listed user group you belong to has all
> necessary permissions.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >I know it may be easy for everyone else, but im lost. I got this thing a
> >few
> > weeks agoand the only accounts on it are mine(amdin), my daughter, and i
> > have
> > the guest account on. Why is it asking me for permission to delete a file
> > when i put it there and im the administrator. Perhaps its the
> > location(C:\).
> > Can anyone help????

Sydman

Re: permission to delete
Yeah same thing when I go to the properties it says I do not have enough
permission to change the rights on a few folders in the C drive. Being
windows program files and a few other. All I am trying to do is delete this
damn media player gadget I downloaded. It won't let me. I hate windows. I
don't like being told I can't do something on my on computer.