Screen Blanking Out

JD

Screen Blanking Out
Often when I play Texas Hold 'Em (The windows vista version) the screen just
goes completely blank. The power light says my computer is on, and the screen
is on, it's just completely black. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't even respond. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
JD
me97

RE: Screen Blanking Out
I am having the same problem., not with Hold 'Em though. The screen and the
rest of the laptop are still on, but the screen goes blank. It has happened
to me 3 times so far, once with Word and the other 2 times with Internet
Explorer. Is it possibly a Toshiba problem? Any ideas are helpful!!

Thanks

"JD" wrote:

> Often when I play Texas Hold 'Em (The windows vista version) the screen just
> goes completely blank. The power light says my computer is on, and the screen
> is on, it's just completely black. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't even respond. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> JD

Peter

RE: Screen Blanking Out
i have same problem i dunno what it is but it has always happened when am in
the internet. please any help

"me97" wrote:

> I am having the same problem., not with Hold 'Em though. The screen and the
> rest of the laptop are still on, but the screen goes blank. It has happened
> to me 3 times so far, once with Word and the other 2 times with Internet
> Explorer. Is it possibly a Toshiba problem? Any ideas are helpful!!
>
> Thanks
>
> "JD" wrote:
>
> > Often when I play Texas Hold 'Em (The windows vista version) the screen just
> > goes completely blank. The power light says my computer is on, and the screen
> > is on, it's just completely black. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't even respond. Any
> > suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JD

RS

RE: Screen Blanking Out
I have troubles with my screen going black but sometimes it has a little
color in the screen. I can't use Ctrl Alt Del either. I have to just use the
on/off button but then it says it was not shut down properly. Anyone have any
ideas?

"Peter" wrote:

> i have same problem i dunno what it is but it has always happened when am in
> the internet. please any help
>
> "me97" wrote:
>
> > I am having the same problem., not with Hold 'Em though. The screen and the
> > rest of the laptop are still on, but the screen goes blank. It has happened
> > to me 3 times so far, once with Word and the other 2 times with Internet
> > Explorer. Is it possibly a Toshiba problem? Any ideas are helpful!!
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "JD" wrote:
> >
> > > Often when I play Texas Hold 'Em (The windows vista version) the screen just
> > > goes completely blank. The power light says my computer is on, and the screen
> > > is on, it's just completely black. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't even respond. Any
> > > suggestions?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > JD

Jam

RE: Screen Blanking Out
Me too. My computer is a Toshiba satellite and it is about 3 weeks old. It
blanks out all the time when I am either in word or on the internet. I can
only use the shut down button to turn it off and on. Does everyone else
having a problem have a Toshiba?

"JD" wrote:

> Often when I play Texas Hold 'Em (The windows vista version) the screen just
> goes completely blank. The power light says my computer is on, and the screen
> is on, it's just completely black. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't even respond. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> JD

thiggsdog

RE: Screen Blanking Out
I have the same problem with my Toshiba Satillite A215-S4817. It is also
about 3 weeks old. Too bad no one's posted an answer.

"Jam" wrote:

> Me too. My computer is a Toshiba satellite and it is about 3 weeks old. It
> blanks out all the time when I am either in word or on the internet. I can
> only use the shut down button to turn it off and on. Does everyone else
> having a problem have a Toshiba?
>
> "JD" wrote:
>
> > Often when I play Texas Hold 'Em (The windows vista version) the screen just
> > goes completely blank. The power light says my computer is on, and the screen
> > is on, it's just completely black. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't even respond. Any
> > suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JD

mattnieves81

Re: Screen Blanking Out

There is a reported "blanking out" (going black) problem with the
Toshiba Satillite A215 series. The current fix for this is to turn the
Minimum processor state to 100% (both plugged in and battery power.)

Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings (for the plan in
use) > Change advanced power settings > Processor power management > Set
both to 100%

--
mattnieves81
okumsdewdrop

Re: Screen Blanking Out
Thanks for your suggestion. My laptap is brand new and and no one seemed to
have an answer. I have made the changes and I hope that it works.

"mattnieves81" wrote:

> There is a reported "blanking out" (going black) problem with the
> Toshiba Satillite A215 series. The current fix for this is to turn the
> Minimum processor state to 100% (both plugged in and battery power.)
>
> Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings (for the plan in
> use) > Change advanced power settings > Processor power management > Set
> both to 100%
>

> --
> mattnieves81

mattnieves81

Re: Screen Blanking Out

Your Welcome. Yes my laptop was brand new at the time too. I called
Toshiba and that was their quick fix for the problem. I haven't had it
blank out yet since I've made the changes. Hope it works for you.

--
mattnieves81
AMA

RE: Screen Blanking Out
I, too, am having the same issue. I bought my Toshiba A215 after
Thanksgiving. I just tried Matt's suggestion (Thanks, Matt) so I'll let you
know if the problem stops. Good luck, all.
--
AMA