no possibility to enter the administrator password when asked for

jaap

no possibility to enter the administrator password when asked for
I made an administrator account on Windows Vista Home Premium.

I know the password, but regrettably the window that asks for it (when I
want to perform an administrator task) has
no textbox to enter the password into. (It looks like the textbox is uses
for input is disabled)
In fact, the only thing that can be done with this window is to close
it and to cancel the operation.
It is possible to remove the password for the administrator, but then I will
still be asked for the administrator password and still without the
possibility to enter it.
How can this be solved?

BINGO

RE: no possibility to enter the administrator password when asked for
I am having this exact problem, it is ridiculous. Did you figure it out or
can someone else help?
--
New to Vista

"jaap" wrote:

> I made an administrator account on Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> I know the password, but regrettably the window that asks for it (when I
> want to perform an administrator task) has
> no textbox to enter the password into. (It looks like the textbox is uses
> for input is disabled)
> In fact, the only thing that can be done with this window is to close
> it and to cancel the operation.
> It is possible to remove the password for the administrator, but then I will
> still be asked for the administrator password and still without the
> possibility to enter it.
> How can this be solved?

BINGO

RE: no possibility to enter the administrator password when asked for
Same problem, did you figure it out?
--
New to Vista