User Account control problem, please help

AC

User Account control problem, please help
Hi, i just got windows Vista 64-bit mostly for gaming (with my smoking new PC
=D) anyway one thing that was bothering me about vista is the user account
control popping up everytime i wanted to start a program, so i decided to
turn it off...but for some reason when i turn user account control off i lose
all my saved games on games like resident evil 4 and medival 2. The minute i
turn user account control back on i get them all back but i really dont like
user account control.

so i have a split question, is there any way for me to get my saved games
with user account control off, or is it possible for me to leave user account
control on and disable the thing that asks you to "allow" or "deny" every
time i try to open a program

thanks alot

sincerly

AC
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: User Account control problem, please help
AC

The problem is the saved games and other configuration settings are being
Virtualized because the games are not completely compatible with Vista.

Virtualized means that the files for these settings and saved games are
being placed in the
C:\Users\your username\Appdata\Local\Virtual Store folder.

When you turn UAC off you also disable this software Virtualization. You
also disable the Internet Explorer Protected Mode and most of the
Compatibility for this older software.

It's recommended that you simply leave UAC on.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, i just got windows Vista 64-bit mostly for gaming (with my smoking new
> PC
> =D) anyway one thing that was bothering me about vista is the user account
> control popping up everytime i wanted to start a program, so i decided to
> turn it off...but for some reason when i turn user account control off i
> lose
> all my saved games on games like resident evil 4 and medival 2. The minute
> turn user account control back on i get them all back but i really dont
> like
> user account control.
>
> so i have a split question, is there any way for me to get my saved games
> with user account control off, or is it possible for me to leave user
> account
> control on and disable the thing that asks you to "allow" or "deny" every
> time i try to open a program
>

> thanks alot
>
> sincerly
>
> AC

AC

Re: User Account control problem, please help

ok i think i'll do that now the i know whats going on

thanks for the quick and helpfull response
"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> AC
>
> The problem is the saved games and other configuration settings are being
> Virtualized because the games are not completely compatible with Vista.
>
> Virtualized means that the files for these settings and saved games are
> being placed in the
> C:\Users\your username\Appdata\Local\Virtual Store folder.
>
> When you turn UAC off you also disable this software Virtualization. You
> also disable the Internet Explorer Protected Mode and most of the
> Compatibility for this older software.
>
> It's recommended that you simply leave UAC on.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, i just got windows Vista 64-bit mostly for gaming (with my smoking new
> > PC
> > =D) anyway one thing that was bothering me about vista is the user account
> > control popping up everytime i wanted to start a program, so i decided to
> > turn it off...but for some reason when i turn user account control off i
> > lose
> > all my saved games on games like resident evil 4 and medival 2. The minute
> > turn user account control back on i get them all back but i really dont
> > like
> > user account control.
> >
> > so i have a split question, is there any way for me to get my saved games
> > with user account control off, or is it possible for me to leave user
> > account
> > control on and disable the thing that asks you to "allow" or "deny" every
> > time i try to open a program
> >

> > thanks alot
> >
> > sincerly
> >
> > AC

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: User Account control problem, please help
AC

Your welcome. Good Luck.