creating separate user logins for email

jim

creating separate user logins for email
OK, I've searched and scanned through threads re email identities trying to
find a link to creating separate user logins so that emails go only to the
user logged in. There are different user icons on the start up page, and I
guess that's not enough. If you could direct me to a link that would guide
me through this, I'd appreciate it-
Jim
Bruce Chambers

Re: creating separate user logins for email
jim wrote:
> OK, I've searched and scanned through threads re email identities trying to
> find a link to creating separate user logins so that emails go only to the
> user logged in. There are different user icons on the start up page, and I
> guess that's not enough. If you could direct me to a link that would guide
> me through this, I'd appreciate it-
> Jim

The first requirement would be for each individual to have his/her own
separate email account with the ISP. Then each user would simply login
and configure the unnamed mail client (Windows Mail, perhaps?) to
connect to his/her email account. It sounds as if you have each user
connecting to the same email account.

Your ISP probably has a Help page that shows you how to do this for
their mail servers.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

jim

Re: creating separate user logins for email
Thank you! I was on the wrong track altogether- I thought it was a computer
set up problem, and didn't understand what Gary has been saying all along.

jim wrote:
> Thank you! I was on the wrong track altogether- I thought it was a computer
> set up problem, and didn't understand what Gary has been saying all along.

You're welcome.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: