Lost of administration password

cabbage24

Lost of administration password
Somehow or other I have lost the ability to enter the Administration account.
Do I have any options to reset........ can I save any of my files, or do I
have no choice and consign myself to reformatting.....my hard drive.

Have only a sub account available.

This is so flustrating...... and yes, I failed to make a backup disk.

Knowing the answer is staring me in the face but I can not see it.

Thanks in advance.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Lost of administration password
Cabbage24

There are some websites that show ways of recovering a lost password, but
these can be daunting and require advanced knowledge and skills.

The best method I have found is the following commercial software. You can
install the product on any
computer, create a boot CD, DVD, floppy disk, or USB stick and then take
that boot disk to your PC and run it. When you boot from the disk, it has
very easy instructions to find and remove the password on any account on the
system.

Windows Password Recovery Software. Reset Administrator Password.
XP VISTA 2003 2000 NT:
http://www.password-changer.com/

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"cabbage24" <cabbage24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somehow or other I have lost the ability to enter the Administration
> account.
> Do I have any options to reset........ can I save any of my files, or do
> have no choice and consign myself to reformatting.....my hard drive.
>
> Have only a sub account available.
>
> This is so flustrating...... and yes, I failed to make a backup disk.
>
> Knowing the answer is staring me in the face but I can not see it.
>
> Thanks in advance.

cabbage24

RE: Lost of administration password
Ronnie:

You made mention of using a commercial software but did not make mention of
any one by name........Does it tell you what the usage is for..... can you
suggest any that might be user friendly ???

Will make a trip to the store........... Thanks for the suggestion

"cabbage24" wrote:

> Somehow or other I have lost the ability to enter the Administration account.
> Do I have any options to reset........ can I save any of my files, or do I
> have no choice and consign myself to reformatting.....my hard drive.
>
> Have only a sub account available.
>
> This is so flustrating...... and yes, I failed to make a backup disk.
>
> Knowing the answer is staring me in the face but I can not see it.
>
> Thanks in advance.

cabbage24

Re: Lost of administration password: Software

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Cabbage24
>
> There are some websites that show ways of recovering a lost password, but
> these can be daunting and require advanced knowledge and skills.
>
> The best method I have found is the following commercial software. You can
> install the product on any
> computer, create a boot CD, DVD, floppy disk, or USB stick and then take
> that boot disk to your PC and run it. When you boot from the disk, it has
> very easy instructions to find and remove the password on any account on the
> system.
>
> Windows Password Recovery Software. Reset Administrator Password.
> XP VISTA 2003 2000 NT:
> http://www.password-changer.com/
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "cabbage24" <cabbage24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Somehow or other I have lost the ability to enter the Administration
> > account.
> > Do I have any options to reset........ can I save any of my files, or do
> > have no choice and consign myself to reformatting.....my hard drive.
> >
> > Have only a sub account available.
> >
> > This is so flustrating...... and yes, I failed to make a backup disk.
> >
> > Knowing the answer is staring me in the face but I can not see it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Lost of administration password: Software
Cabbage24

I included a link for a program that I have used. Here it is again.

Windows Password Recovery Software. Reset Administrator Password.
XP VISTA 2003 2000 NT:
http://www.password-changer.com/

This program is very easy to use. After you install, one of the menu options
to Create a DOS Bootable CD. Place a blank CD in the burner drive and click
this option. Creating the CD is a one button procedure. After you create the
CD, leave it in the drive and reboot the computer. The program will
automatically start a wizard will step you through the procedure to remove
the password from the accounts that you choose.

Download the User Manual to see all of the screen shots for the program.