How to "Run As" in Vista

Brendon B

How to "Run As" in Vista
Hi Everyone

I can't seem to find the answer to this simple question.
I need to run certain applications as another Domain account user. For
example, I need to run Internet explorer as my other domain account which has
different rights.
You could do this in XP by holding shift and right clicking.
Vista only seems to allow you to "Run As" administrator but not a specific
user account.

Please can someone help? I hope I have been clear.
steve30

Re: How to "Run As" in Vista
go to start type run in start search the enter

"Brendon B" <BrendonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone
>
> I can't seem to find the answer to this simple question.
> I need to run certain applications as another Domain account user. For
> example, I need to run Internet explorer as my other domain account which
> has
> different rights.
> You could do this in XP by holding shift and right clicking.
> Vista only seems to allow you to "Run As" administrator but not a specific
> user account.
>
> Please can someone help? I hope I have been clear.

Brendon B

Re: How to "Run As" in Vista
Hi Steve30

Thanks for replying but I'm not sure I understand what you want me to try?
Are you indicating that I should search help?

"steve30" wrote:

> go to start type run in start search the enter
>

> "Brendon B" <BrendonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Everyone
> >
> > I can't seem to find the answer to this simple question.
> > I need to run certain applications as another Domain account user. For
> > example, I need to run Internet explorer as my other domain account which
> > has
> > different rights.
> > You could do this in XP by holding shift and right clicking.
> > Vista only seems to allow you to "Run As" administrator but not a specific
> > user account.
> >
> > Please can someone help? I hope I have been clear.

Jane C

Re: How to "Run As" in Vista
Hello Brendon,

To use 'run as' in Vista you will have to run it from an elevated command
prompt. Start, enter cmd into the start/search box, then when command
prompt appears in the list above the search box, right click it and select
Run as Administrator. Type "runas /?" minus the quotation marks for the
available options.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Shell/User