Activation required after update installation?

quartet1977

Activation required after update installation?
Hi, I have been using Vista Home Premium 32 for several months now, and it's
been mostly trouble free. However, after installing 12 new updates from
Windows Updates, I got a message saying that due to hardware changes made to
my computer, I would have to reactivate Vista. I dug out my product key and
entered it. I was told that "the product key you typed is already in use." Of
course it is. I'm using it. I was also told that I have only three days (two
now) to resolve this or windows will stop working. What can I do? Why won't
it accept my product key? Thanks!!
quartet1977

RE: Activation required after update installation?
that's awful. i hope that doesn't happen to me (i also went the phone route,
which seems to have worked), and i hope that you get the problem resolved
soon! good luck to both of us.

"Bobbopper" wrote:

> Same here. Dialed the free phonenumber and typed the digits in the blocks. A
> realtime lady answered me that i have to reactivate Vista. Typed in the
> (new?) digids i received through the telephone. Vista works again but now it
> says it's an illegal version. I keep you informed if anything happens.
> Best regards, Bob.

Mark Dormer

Re: Activation required after update installation?
Use the telephone activation service.

Regards
Mark Dormer

"quartet1977" <quartet1977@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news1F87937-2056-4F06-8381-7EF52E1952A9@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I have been using Vista Home Premium 32 for several months now, and
> it's
> been mostly trouble free. However, after installing 12 new updates from
> Windows Updates, I got a message saying that due to hardware changes made
> my computer, I would have to reactivate Vista. I dug out my product key
> and
> entered it. I was told that "the product key you typed is already in use."
> Of
> course it is. I'm using it. I was also told that I have only three days
> (two
> now) to resolve this or windows will stop working. What can I do? Why
> won't
> it accept my product key? Thanks!!

David Murray

Re: Activation required after update installation?

"quartet1977" <quartet1977@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news1F87937-2056-4F06-8381-7EF52E1952A9@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I have been using Vista Home Premium 32 for several months now, and
> it's
> been mostly trouble free. However, after installing 12 new updates from
> Windows Updates, I got a message saying that due to hardware changes made
> my computer, I would have to reactivate Vista. I dug out my product key
> and
> entered it. I was told that "the product key you typed is already in use."
> Of
> course it is. I'm using it. I was also told that I have only three days
> (two
> now) to resolve this or windows will stop working. What can I do? Why
> won't
> it accept my product key? Thanks!!

Phone Microsoft