Can only access my Vista machine with my old, original username

Mark Iverson

Can only access my Vista machine with my old, original username
"Hi,

My Vista machine has only one user on it: me. I am an administrator, of
course. My username for my Vista machine was "Mark". The computers name is
"MarkIVista." I could access my Vista machine just fine by logging in as
"MARKIVISTA\Mark" and entering my passoword.

Recently I changed my user name from "Mark" to "Mark Iverson". The two
other machines in my house now canNOT access "MARKIVISTA\Mark Iverson" but
CAN access it with my old user name "MARKIVISTA\Mark"

Somewhere, my old username is still being used. How do I change it so that
I can log in to my machine with my new username?

Thanks,

Mark
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Can only access my Vista machine with my old, original username
Mark

If you 'change' your user name in the User Accounts dialog, the only place
it is changed is on the login screen. All of your files and settings will
still be using the old user name.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Mark Iverson" <Mark Iverson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Hi,
>
> My Vista machine has only one user on it: me. I am an administrator, of
> course. My username for my Vista machine was "Mark". The computers name
> is
> "MarkIVista." I could access my Vista machine just fine by logging in as
> "MARKIVISTA\Mark" and entering my passoword.
>
> Recently I changed my user name from "Mark" to "Mark Iverson". The two
> other machines in my house now canNOT access "MARKIVISTA\Mark Iverson" but
> CAN access it with my old user name "MARKIVISTA\Mark"
>
> Somewhere, my old username is still being used. How do I change it so
> that
> I can log in to my machine with my new username?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Mark Iverson

Re: Can only access my Vista machine with my old, original usernam
Hi,

So how do I change the setting that determines what username to use when
trying to log into the Vista machine from another PC? The answer below
doesn't really help me.

Mark

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Mark
>
> If you 'change' your user name in the User Accounts dialog, the only place
> it is changed is on the login screen. All of your files and settings will
> still be using the old user name.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Mark Iverson" <Mark Iverson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > "Hi,
> >
> > My Vista machine has only one user on it: me. I am an administrator, of
> > course. My username for my Vista machine was "Mark". The computers name
> > is
> > "MarkIVista." I could access my Vista machine just fine by logging in as
> > "MARKIVISTA\Mark" and entering my passoword.
> >
> > Recently I changed my user name from "Mark" to "Mark Iverson". The two
> > other machines in my house now canNOT access "MARKIVISTA\Mark Iverson" but
> > CAN access it with my old user name "MARKIVISTA\Mark"
> >
> > Somewhere, my old username is still being used. How do I change it so
> > that
> > I can log in to my machine with my new username?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Can only access my Vista machine with my old, original usernam
Mark

The only way that I'm aware of doing this is to create a new user profile.
I'm not a networking guru, but you may want to post this question on the
group where they answer questions.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orking_sharing