Can't delete programs/UAC

afalewyn

Can't delete programs/UAC
I turned off the very annoying UAC. I am under Administrator. I want to
delete some of the pre-installed programs that came with the computer and
just clean out the junk. I keep getting the 'need permission' message. So
what do I have to do to be able to use my computer the way I want to? What do
I need to do to be able to delete whatever I want?
Windows Vista and UAC is one big joke for people who have never used a
computer before but to people that know how to use one it is just a nuisance.
davey_griffo

RE: Can't delete programs/UAC
I'm having the same problem. UAC's annoying the heck out of me too, but
administartor problems in general are all over this forum. Looks like MS
really dropped the ball with this one.

If you find an answer, I'd appreciate it if you passed it on. You can mail
me at

davey_griffo@msn.com

The only answer I've had so far is one I tried, turn off UAC. But then,
believe it or not, you get nagged by Security Centre to turn it back on. The
next answer I got was to turn off Security Centre, or the messages. Not a
great deal of help, I'm sure you'll agree. Another sarcastic git with an MVP
icon told me "why not turn off firewall & antivirus while you're at it, then
you won't get nagged by anything".

"afalewyn" wrote:

> I turned off the very annoying UAC. I am under Administrator. I want to
> delete some of the pre-installed programs that came with the computer and
> just clean out the junk. I keep getting the 'need permission' message. So
> what do I have to do to be able to use my computer the way I want to? What do
> I need to do to be able to delete whatever I want?
> Windows Vista and UAC is one big joke for people who have never used a
> computer before but to people that know how to use one it is just a nuisance.

davey_griffo

RE: Can't delete programs/UAC
You'll see what I mean, if you follow my thread, "Vista accounts issue",
started today.

"davey_griffo" wrote:

> I'm having the same problem. UAC's annoying the heck out of me too, but
> administartor problems in general are all over this forum. Looks like MS
> really dropped the ball with this one.
>
> If you find an answer, I'd appreciate it if you passed it on. You can mail
> me at
>
> davey_griffo@msn.com
>
> The only answer I've had so far is one I tried, turn off UAC. But then,
> believe it or not, you get nagged by Security Centre to turn it back on. The
> next answer I got was to turn off Security Centre, or the messages. Not a
> great deal of help, I'm sure you'll agree. Another sarcastic git with an MVP
> icon told me "why not turn off firewall & antivirus while you're at it, then
> you won't get nagged by anything".
>
> "afalewyn" wrote:
>
> > I turned off the very annoying UAC. I am under Administrator. I want to
> > delete some of the pre-installed programs that came with the computer and
> > just clean out the junk. I keep getting the 'need permission' message. So
> > what do I have to do to be able to use my computer the way I want to? What do
> > I need to do to be able to delete whatever I want?
> > Windows Vista and UAC is one big joke for people who have never used a
> > computer before but to people that know how to use one it is just a nuisance.

brink

Re: Can't delete programs/UAC

afalewyn;422778 Wrote:
> I turned off the very annoying UAC. I am under Administrator. I want to
> delete some of the pre-installed programs that came with the computer
> and
> just clean out the junk. I keep getting the 'need permission' message.
> So
> what do I have to do to be able to use my computer the way I want to?
> What do
> I need to do to be able to delete whatever I want?
> Windows Vista and UAC is one big joke for people who have never used a
> computer before but to people that know how to use one it is just a
> nuisance.

Hi Afalewyn,

You will need to take ownership of the item first before you can delete
it. You can see how here.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...ship-file.html

Shawn

--