Selecting multiple files/folders

spike96

Selecting multiple files/folders
Vista doesnt seem to allow me to select multiple files or folders by holding
ctrl or shift key. Other versions do. there are even times where the
"Select ALL" choice is not an option. can anyone tell me how to fix???
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Selecting multiple files/folders
Spike

Click the following link to download the "Fixsingleselect.zip" file.
Download the file to the Desktop. Right click the downloaded file and select
the "Extratc All" option. In the resulting folder, double click the Fix
Single Select.vbs file to run the script. Reboot the computer. This should
fix the problem.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"spike96" <spike96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Vista doesnt seem to allow me to select multiple files or folders by
> holding
> ctrl or shift key. Other versions do. there are even times where the
> "Select ALL" choice is not an option. can anyone tell me how to fix???

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Selecting multiple files/folders
Spike

Oops! Forgot the link to download the file.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

> Spike
>
> Click the following link to download the "Fixsingleselect.zip" file.
> Download the file to the Desktop. Right click the downloaded file and
> select the "Extratc All" option. In the resulting folder, double click the
> Fix Single Select.vbs file to run the script. Reboot the computer. This
> should fix the problem.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "spike96" <spike96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Vista doesnt seem to allow me to select multiple files or folders by
>> holding
>> ctrl or shift key. Other versions do. there are even times where the
>> "Select ALL" choice is not an option. can anyone tell me how to fix???

spike96

Re: Selecting multiple files/folders
Ill try that now and let you know if it works! Was this an inherit problem
in early versions or something?

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Spike
>
> Oops! Forgot the link to download the file.
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <rv@invalid.org> wrote in message
> > Spike
> >
> > Click the following link to download the "Fixsingleselect.zip" file.
> > Download the file to the Desktop. Right click the downloaded file and
> > select the "Extratc All" option. In the resulting folder, double click the
> > Fix Single Select.vbs file to run the script. Reboot the computer. This
> > should fix the problem.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Ronnie Vernon
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User
> >

> > "spike96" <spike96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Vista doesnt seem to allow me to select multiple files or folders by
> >> holding
> >> ctrl or shift key. Other versions do. there are even times where the
> >> "Select ALL" choice is not an option. can anyone tell me how to fix???

spike96

Re: Selecting multiple files/folders
Ronnie - That worked. Cant believe I waited 5 months to ask! THANK YOU!!!

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Spike
>
> Oops! Forgot the link to download the file.
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <rv@invalid.org> wrote in message
> > Spike
> >
> > Click the following link to download the "Fixsingleselect.zip" file.
> > Download the file to the Desktop. Right click the downloaded file and
> > select the "Extratc All" option. In the resulting folder, double click the
> > Fix Single Select.vbs file to run the script. Reboot the computer. This
> > should fix the problem.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Ronnie Vernon
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User
> >

> > "spike96" <spike96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Vista doesnt seem to allow me to select multiple files or folders by
> >> holding
> >> ctrl or shift key. Other versions do. there are even times where the
> >> "Select ALL" choice is not an option. can anyone tell me how to fix???

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Selecting multiple files/folders
Spike

Your welcome. I'm still not sure exactly what causes this problem?

--

> Ronnie - That worked. Cant believe I waited 5 months to ask! THANK
> YOU!!!
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Spike
>>
>> Oops! Forgot the link to download the file.
>>
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <rv@invalid.org> wrote in message
>> > Spike
>> >
>> > Click the following link to download the "Fixsingleselect.zip" file.
>> > Download the file to the Desktop. Right click the downloaded file and
>> > select the "Extratc All" option. In the resulting folder, double click
>> > the
>> > Fix Single Select.vbs file to run the script. Reboot the computer. This
>> > should fix the problem.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Ronnie Vernon
>> > Microsoft MVP
>> > Windows Shell/User

Jos Grupping

Re: Selecting multiple files/folders
Hello Ronnie,

Thank you for sharing this "secret"with us, It indeed solved this problem I
had from the beginning. But this made me wonder why this is kept such a
secret. I know there are hubdreds or thousans (maybe millions?) of users out
there who do have this same problem. And the solution is this easy. This
should have a central place in your Microsoft solutions system.

This also makes me wonder what other solutions to other common user problems
are available within Microsoft ithout us knowing, without a hint in your
Knowledge Base or elsewhere.

You know, Vista is probably the best system ever made, but at the same time
the worst. I.e. Vista probably contains more bugs than all other Operating
Systems in the whole computer history together.

The first few Vista-weeks (I bought my new PC in June last year) I was
practically unable to do anything useful with my very expensive new
computer-beast. Before I got any output any program had already crashed or
Vista itself stopped! In the meantime many problems seem to have been quietly
solved through the live uodate system, but a few problems remained.
Oneparticularly nasty problem has now been solved. Thanks.

I had already found my own workaround, but at some cost. I noticed that the
"multiple selection problem" wasn't system-wide. While one user-account had
the problem, others might not have it. So I created a dummy user account just
for that purpose and even had sort of a fast switching protocol, but it was
true surrogate.

Now my main remaining problem is the frequent crashes of my user programs,
especially those that have to do with media files, like PSP X2, Pinnacle 11,
NERO 8, your own Microsoft Moviemaker and Mediaplayer etc. "Program has
stopped working", "RUNDLL" or "Windows Host" error andother similar errors.
"We are looking for a solution" and other nothing doing phrases.

When will be finally be able to get Vista running as it should do? Will SP1
be the "panacea"?

Anway, I had to get rid of this, but if you have any other solutions, don't
hesitate to let us know. nd if your boss is not fully aware of the wordwide
occurence of that small, but nasty problem you solved, please forward him
this message.

FYI: I have an otherwise heartily relation wuth Microsoft as the webmaster
of the worldwide website about the "History of (Microsoft) Flight Simulator.
Look at:

http://fshistory.simflight.com/

or read on the MS Insider pages:

http://www.fsinsider.com/developers/...ceArtwick.aspx

Greetings,

Jos Grupping

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Spike
>
> Click the following link to download the "Fixsingleselect.zip" file.
> Download the file to the Desktop. Right click the downloaded file and select
> the "Extratc All" option. In the resulting folder, double click the Fix
> Single Select.vbs file to run the script. Reboot the computer. This should
> fix the problem.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "spike96" <spike96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Vista doesnt seem to allow me to select multiple files or folders by
> > holding
> > ctrl or shift key. Other versions do. there are even times where the
> > "Select ALL" choice is not an option. can anyone tell me how to fix???

GSi-R

Re: Selecting multiple files/folders

Im just about to try this magic fix after recently experiencing Rundll
problems.

Will let you know if it fixes my actual problem.

--
GSi-R
GSi-R

Re: Selecting multiple files/folders

Worked a treat.! Thanks so much for the advice. Appreciated.

--
GSi-R
GSi-R

Re: Selecting multiple files/folders

Ok, an update, this trick did work, but I seem to be having the same
issue again regarding rundll
warning wondow popping up each time I try and move files from one
folder to another.

Is there any other fixes available.?

Thanks in advance.!

Micky