Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Signing on Windows

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2007
BATA
 

Posts: n/a
Signing on Windows
I had made a change but don't know wht I did.
I used to boot up straight up into my user account.
Now when I boot up I get to
Administrator and user.
How do I get rid of the adminstrator icon to boot just into my user account.
Ps only one user, myself.
thanks

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2007
Ronnie Vernon MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Signing on Windows
Bata

Go to Start and type: control userpasswords2 and press Enter.

In the User Accounts list, highlight your account and then remove the check
mark from the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer" option. Click Apply enter your password twice and click OK. This
should allow you to bypass the login screen when you reboot.

NOTE: Your user account should be a member of the Administrators Group.



--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User


"BATA" <BATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2AEE427F-C0BB-4715-9BA4-0FB43A7506D6@microsoft.com...
>I had made a change but don't know wht I did.
> I used to boot up straight up into my user account.
> Now when I boot up I get to
> Administrator and user.
> How do I get rid of the adminstrator icon to boot just into my user
> account.
> Ps only one user, myself.
> thanks
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2007
BATA
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Signing on Windows

Thanks
BATA
"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Bata
>
> Go to Start and type: control userpasswords2 and press Enter.
>
> In the User Accounts list, highlight your account and then remove the check
> mark from the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
> computer" option. Click Apply enter your password twice and click OK. This
> should allow you to bypass the login screen when you reboot.
>
> NOTE: Your user account should be a member of the Administrators Group.
>
>
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
>
> "BATA" <BATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2AEE427F-C0BB-4715-9BA4-0FB43A7506D6@microsoft.com...
> >I had made a change but don't know wht I did.
> > I used to boot up straight up into my user account.
> > Now when I boot up I get to
> > Administrator and user.
> > How do I get rid of the adminstrator icon to boot just into my user
> > account.
> > Ps only one user, myself.
> > thanks
> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2007
Ronnie Vernon MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Signing on Windows
Bata

Your welcome, enjoy.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User


"BATA" <BATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CF901E5C-BFFA-494C-8132-D4D4731B3661@microsoft.com...
>
> Thanks
> BATA
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Bata
>>
>> Go to Start and type: control userpasswords2 and press Enter.
>>
>> In the User Accounts list, highlight your account and then remove the
>> check
>> mark from the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
>> computer" option. Click Apply enter your password twice and click OK.
>> This
>> should allow you to bypass the login screen when you reboot.
>>
>> NOTE: Your user account should be a member of the Administrators Group.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>>
>> "BATA" <BATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:2AEE427F-C0BB-4715-9BA4-0FB43A7506D6@microsoft.com...
>> >I had made a change but don't know wht I did.
>> > I used to boot up straight up into my user account.
>> > Now when I boot up I get to
>> > Administrator and user.
>> > How do I get rid of the adminstrator icon to boot just into my user
>> > account.
>> > Ps only one user, myself.
>> > thanks
>> >

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
windows mail, problem signing in =?Utf-8?B?bWdhbGxpbjI3?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 17 12-08-2008 02:06
Digital signing problem with Windows Mail Richard C microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 10 11-21-2008 00:49
signing in to windows mail nell microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 06-15-2007 11:43
Signing in to Windows Mail. Rhocor microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 3 05-12-2007 21:25
How do I fix driver signing issues in Windows Vista Ultimate? Vistatester microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 03-05-2007 21:18




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:28.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120