"Administrator" problems, plus hidden downloads

HeartOne

"Administrator" problems, plus hidden downloads
I am the only user on the computer. New machine, with Vista Ultimate
preinstalled. There are 4 accts: Administrator ("Built-in account for
administering the computer/domain"), Guest ("Built-in account for guest
access to the computer/domain"), IUSR_NMPR (no notes), And my name, with no
notes. according to my properties, I am an administrator. But I can't even
access "My Documents", "My Favorites" or "Local Settings". It doesn't feel
like my computer. Microsoft controls the thing, and I have nothing to say
about it. I created a folder for a particular download, and the computer put
the file somewhere else. I can't find it. It put "shortcuts" in one of the
subfolders in the User folder, but they don't point anywhere. The download
dialog box shows them, but Explorer can't see them. I am extremely
frustrated. I wanted a Mac but my husband said this would be better, because
Apple doesn't trust the user to know anything. Looks like I got a "Wac". It's
nice to know I'm not alone in having these problems, but does anyone have a
solution?
nLinked

Re: "Administrator" problems, plus hidden downloads
Did you transfer you documents from an older computer onto yours? I'm having
a similar problem, and I think it has something to do with bring files from
your old computer, and putting them on your new computer while UAC (User
Account Control) is turned off. When you turn it on again everything you
brought in is hidden.

I have recently created a similar post dated 14/08/2007 12:46 pm, titled
"UAC takes away all my documents!". Have a read and see if you're
experiencing the same.

If so, I can understand why Vista is doing this, as UAC will probably hide
files that were brought in while UAC was off.