logon as a System user or Administrator

Tonyrobertcook

logon as a System user or Administrator
I'm using Vista Home Pro. I have followed the instructions to change User
Settings by both running "control userpasswords2" and changing the Reistry
entries.
I cannot logon as a system user or just administrator.

In the control userpasswords2 it's only showing my user name.
Help please?
--
Tony Cook
Richard G. Harper

Re: logon as a System user or Administrator
From where you are, first click the Advanced tab, and then the Advanced
button on the Advanced tab, to see all users including disabled and degraded
users.

"Tonyrobertcook" <Tonyrobertcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Vista Home Pro. I have followed the instructions to change User
> Settings by both running "control userpasswords2" and changing the Reistry
> entries.
> I cannot logon as a system user or just administrator.
>
> In the control userpasswords2 it's only showing my user name.
> Help please?
> --
> Tony Cook

Tonyrobertcook

Re: logon as a System user or Administrator
Unfortunately, i cannot view Local Groups and Local users, because i got
Vista Home pro
--
Tony Cook

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> From where you are, first click the Advanced tab, and then the Advanced
> button on the Advanced tab, to see all users including disabled and degraded
> users.

> "Tonyrobertcook" <Tonyrobertcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using Vista Home Pro. I have followed the instructions to change User
> > Settings by both running "control userpasswords2" and changing the Reistry
> > entries.
> > I cannot logon as a system user or just administrator.
> >
> > In the control userpasswords2 it's only showing my user name.
> > Help please?
> > --
> > Tony Cook

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: logon as a System user or Administrator
Tony

It's not real clear exactly what the problem is or what you are trying to
do.

Are you saying that there are no administrator accounts on the computer?
There are only 2 types of accounts that you can create, Administrator and
Standard. What accounts do you see when you open User Accounts in Control
Panel?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP