Task Scheduler wont start

samng

Task Scheduler wont start
When I try to schedule a task on Vista, I have noticed the Task Scheduler
service is not running. The I went to Control Panel->Administrator
Tools->Service to start it manually but it refused to start and gave some
'file not found' message. The service was marked as automatic but it is not
running while all other automatic services are.

Anyone seen this problem?

Thanks,
Sam
Ali

RE: Task Scheduler wont start
Check for dependencies

"samng" wrote:

> When I try to schedule a task on Vista, I have noticed the Task Scheduler
> service is not running. The I went to Control Panel->Administrator
> Tools->Service to start it manually but it refused to start and gave some
> 'file not found' message. The service was marked as automatic but it is not
> running while all other automatic services are.
>
> Anyone seen this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

samng

RE: Task Scheduler wont start
It is dependent on Event Log Service but that suffers the same problem - cannot
find file specified.

"Ali" wrote:

> Check for dependencies
>
> "samng" wrote:
>
> > When I try to schedule a task on Vista, I have noticed the Task Scheduler
> > service is not running. The I went to Control Panel->Administrator
> > Tools->Service to start it manually but it refused to start and gave some
> > 'file not found' message. The service was marked as automatic but it is not
> > running while all other automatic services are.
> >
> > Anyone seen this problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sam

BamBamBW

RE: Task Scheduler wont start
Yes I have the same exact problem. I have ranted enough, or maybe not
Under Error 4201 post. This is the same issue.. out of the blue Event Log
service will not start and config tab is grayed out!! Not one single blurb
on MS Support site and this has been an issue since Feb. 2007. I find so
many posts with this exact problem but no resolution or explination.. The
fact that MS won't even acknowledge the issue means they are flipping scared
clueless script kitties that don't know what they he** they have released.

Post this issue as many places as you can... too many folks have just said
screw it and either disable Event log service and purchase third party
logging or they wipe and reload... Incidently when you wipe and reload the
problem does come back after a few weeks!!! "System restore does not work"

Please post if you get an answer or a fix. Thanks!!