Please Help Me.

Vista Product Key Already In Use Problem

Please Help Me.
Hi

I am Arjun Menon from India. I bought a HP Pavilion dv2122tu Visa Capable
Notebook PC, earlier this year preloaded with Windows XP Media Center
Edition. I then upgraded to Vista and Activated the same. Everything worked
fine. Then I had a software problem with Bluetooth Drivers after installing a
Sony Ericsson PC Suite. So I decided to reinstall Vista. I did a clean
installation and deleted my Old Windows by using the clean up option when you
right click on C Drive and click on properties.

After two days I discovered that Windows was not activated. So I entered the
key that came with my upgrade kit (the one I used successfully the previous
time). To my shock it said that the ID is already activated. Its really
confusing. Can anyone help me out. Please!!!! I did not do any major change
in Hardware except an Upgrade of RAM from 512 MB to 1.5 GB. But that I am
sure cannot be the reason as Windows was active for a month after that. The
whole problem started when I did the clean installation.

I think Microsoft thinks that the laptop I am using is different from the
one I activated windows using the phone activation couple of months back.

How do I solve this problem. Kindly help me and please dont tell me that I
need to buy another home premium CD. Its 10,000 Rupees in India and I just
cannot afford that. The 600 rupees upgrade kit itself was expensive for me..

Regards
Arjun
menon.arjun@hotmail.com
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Please Help Me.
Arjun

You are seeing that message because "You" have already activated Vista. The
key is in use by You.

You simply need to use the telephone option in the activation window to call
and manually activate. When you call to activate, the automated activation
will fail and you need to stay on the line until a representative answers.
They will then activate Vista for you.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP