delete user accounts

billmbrown

delete user accounts
My computer layout is:

Computer > OS(C > Users >
AppData
Bill (this is me - the sole user on the computer)
Desktop
IUSR_NMPR I don't know what this is
Public
] I don't know anything about this - it screws up operations!

The question is : Can I delete users IUSR_NMPR and ], and how do I do it?

All help would be appreciated!

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: delete user accounts
Bill

What do see when you go to Control Panel / User Accounts? This view should
show all of the user accounts that have been created on the system.

Also, go to Start and type cmd Press Enter to open the command prompt.
In the command prompt,

type: net user and press Enter

Click the icon on the top left of the command prompt window and click Edit /
Select All. Press the Enter key to copy the screen. Paste the results in a

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Bill
>
> What do see when you go to Control Panel / User Accounts? This view should
> show all of the user accounts that have been created on the system.
>
> Also, go to Start and type cmd Press Enter to open the command prompt.
> In the command prompt,
>
> type: net user and press Enter
>
> Click the icon on the top left of the command prompt window and click Edit /
> Select All. Press the Enter key to copy the screen. Paste the results in a

> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "billmbrown" <billmbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My computer layout is:
> >
> > Computer > OS(C > Users >
> > AppData
> > Bill (this is me - the sole user on the computer)
> > Desktop
> > IUSR_NMPR I don't know what this is
> > Public
> > ] I don't know anything about this - it screws up operations!
> >
> > The question is : Can I delete users IUSR_NMPR and ], and how do I do it?
> >
> > All help would be appreciated!
> >
> >Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]

Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\?>net user

User accounts for \\D2J7G3D1

Administrator Guest IUSR_NMPR
?
The command completed successfully.

C:\Users\?>

> Using control panel and user accounts I got only two: my own Bill activated as adninistrator and Guest not activated

billmbrown

Re: delete user accounts

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Bill
>
> What do see when you go to Control Panel / User Accounts? This view should
> show all of the user accounts that have been created on the system.
>
> Also, go to Start and type cmd Press Enter to open the command prompt.
> In the command prompt,
>
> type: net user and press Enter
>
> Click the icon on the top left of the command prompt window and click Edit /
> Select All. Press the Enter key to copy the screen. Paste the results in a

> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "billmbrown" <billmbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My computer layout is:
> >
> > Computer > OS(C > Users >
> > AppData
> > Bill (this is me - the sole user on the computer)
> > Desktop
> > IUSR_NMPR I don't know what this is
> > Public
> > ] I don't know anything about this - it screws up operations!
> >
> > The question is : Can I delete users IUSR_NMPR and ], and how do I do it?
> >
> > All help would be appreciated!
> >

> Thanks Ronnie, although the problem hasn't been resolved yet you have been of help to me.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: delete user accounts
Bill

I did some research on what you are seeing.

The user "IUSR_NMPR" seems to be associated with a process entitled
mediaserver.exe that uses this account when it is running. This has
something to do with Media Center or possibly the "Intel Viiv" software and
is used to download media content from the internet. This looks legitimate
and this is all I could find.

I find it troubling that the "Bill" user account does not show up when you
run the net user command?

You might try running this command with administrator privileges to see if
it makes a difference.
Go to Start and type cmd.exe In the results, right click cmd.exe and
select the Run As Administrator option.

Type: net user and press Enter.

Next, type net user <account> and press Enter.

Where <account> is the name of one of the accounts that appears in the net
user command results.

Repeat this command for each account that appears, even the "?" account.

Copy the results and paste them back here in a reply.

"billmbrown" wrote:

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
> > Bill

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>net user /?
The syntax of this command is:

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]

C:\Windows\system32>net user Administrator
User name Administrator
Full Name
Comment Built-in account for administering the
computer/dom
ain
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default)
Account active No
Account expires Never

Password last set 11/2/2006 9:09:52 AM
Password expires Never
Password changeable 11/2/2006 9:09:52 AM
Password required Yes
User may change password Yes

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon 6/15/2007 8:23:34 AM

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships *Administrators
Global Group memberships *None
The command completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>net user BILL
The user name could not be found.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\Windows\system32>net user Guest
User name Guest
Full Name
Comment Built-in account for guest access to the
computer/d
omain
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default)
Account active No
Account expires Never

Password last set 8/13/2007 11:46:38 PM
Password expires Never
Password changeable 8/13/2007 11:46:38 PM
Password required No
User may change password No

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon Never

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships *Guests
Global Group memberships *None
The command completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>net user ]
The syntax of this command is:

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]

C:\Windows\system32>net user ?
The syntax of this command is:

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]

C:\Windows\system32>net user IUSR_NMPR
User name IUSR_NMPR
Full Name IUSR_NMPR
Comment
User's comment
Country code 000 (System Default)
Account active Yes
Account expires Never

Password last set 6/21/2007 3:30:42 PM
Password expires Never
Password changeable 6/21/2007 3:30:42 PM
Password required Yes
User may change password Yes

Workstations allowed All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon 6/15/2007 8:15:32 AM

Logon hours allowed All

Local Group Memberships
Global Group memberships *None
The command completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>net user AppData
The user name could not be found.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\Windows\system32>net user Default
The user name could not be found.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\Windows\system32>net user Desktop
The user name could not be found.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\Windows\system32>net user Public
The user name could not be found.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2221.

C:\Windows\system32>

Computer.OS(C.Users
AppData
Bill
Desktop
IUSR_NMPR
Public
]

Away most of week-end. Hope this data is what you need.

Bill

billmbrown@sbcglobal.net

> > What do see when you go to Control Panel / User Accounts? This view should
> > show all of the user accounts that have been created on the system.
> >
> > Also, go to Start and type cmd Press Enter to open the command prompt.
> > In the command prompt,
> >
> > type: net user and press Enter
> >
> > Click the icon on the top left of the command prompt window and click Edit /
> > Select All. Press the Enter key to copy the screen. Paste the results in a
> >
> > --
> >
> > Ronnie Vernon
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User
> >

> > "billmbrown" <billmbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My computer layout is:
> > >
> > > Computer > OS(C > Users >
> > > AppData
> > > Bill (this is me - the sole user on the computer)
> > > Desktop
> > > IUSR_NMPR I don't know what this is
> > > Public
> > > ] I don't know anything about this - it screws up operations!
> > >
> > > The question is : Can I delete users IUSR_NMPR and ], and how do I do it?
> > >
> > > All help would be appreciated!
> > >

> > Thanks Ronnie, although the problem hasn't been resolved yet you have been of help to me.

angel2005

Re: delete user accounts

Ronnie Vernon MVP;416460 Wrote:
> Bill
>
> I did some research on what you are seeing.
>
> The user "IUSR_NMPR" seems to be associated with a process entitled
> mediaserver.exe that uses this account when it is running. This has
> something to do with Media Center or possibly the "Intel Viiv" software
> and
> is used to download media content from the internet. This looks
> legitimate
> and this is all I could find.
>
> I find it troubling that the "Bill" user account does not show up when
> you
> run the net user command?
>
> You might try running this command with administrator privileges to see
> if
> it makes a difference.
> Go to Start and type cmd.exe In the results, right click cmd.exe and
> select the Run As Administrator option.
>
> Type: net user and press Enter.
>
> Next, type net user <account> and press Enter.
>
> Where <account> is the name of one of the accounts that appears in the
> net
> user command results.
>
> Repeat this command for each account that appears, even the "?"
> account.
>
> Copy the results and paste them back here in a reply.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "billmbrown" <billmbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Bill
> >>
> >> What do see when you go to Control Panel / User Accounts? This view
> >> should
> >> show all of the user accounts that have been created on the system.
> >>
> >> Also, go to Start and type cmd Press Enter to open the command
> >> prompt.
> >> In the command prompt,
> >>
> >> type: net user and press Enter
> >>
> >> Click the icon on the top left of the command prompt window and

> click
> >> Edit /
> >> Select All. Press the Enter key to copy the screen. Paste the

> results in
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Ronnie Vernon
> >> Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows Shell/User
> >>

> >> "billmbrown" <billmbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> do

> > Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> >
> > C:\Users\?>net user
> >
> > User accounts for \\D2J7G3D1

> > Administrator Guest IUSR_NMPR
> > ?
> > The command completed successfully.
> >

> > C:\Users\?>
> >> >

> >> Using control panel and user accounts I got only two: my own Bill
> >> activated as adninistrator and Guest not activated

--
angel2005
angel2005

Re: delete user accounts

bill, I have this same problem recently I discovered it when I was doing
a recovery. You can restart you computer and tap f8 like you are going
to recover or use the start up tool and you will see also this user. I
also think it has something to do with intel viiv because I am having
trouble reinstalling this driver, a problem with storage space and this
is ridiculous since I recovery less than 30%. Imagine that? But that
driver has a yield sign in the device manager so you might want to take
a look.

--
angel2005