Remote Assistance

m-arx

Remote Assistance
Hi,

we just got 4 Vista Notebooks into the IT Department, for our pleasure
- i mean for testing purposes.

as i'm working partially in user helpdesk, i use the remote assistance
frequently, for which i had a shortcut on my XP machine, and i just
had to enter the computers name i wanted to connect to.

this link doesn't work in vista now and i always need to go throug

start>help & support> search for remote assistance > two links deeper
i can enter the computer name.

That takes a lomg time. Is there a direct link i can use, to open the
remote assistance faster?

Thanks,

Markus

Robert Firth

Re: Remote Assistance
Press the windows key (or open the start menu, or run box with Win key + r,
whatever) then type "mstsc" in the start search box. I opt for the run box
because it remembers the last command and I don't have to type it again.

Robert Firth
http://www.winvistainfo.org

"m-arx" <meier.markus@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1186566599.433165.187490@d55g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> we just got 4 Vista Notebooks into the IT Department, for our pleasure
> - i mean for testing purposes.
>
> as i'm working partially in user helpdesk, i use the remote assistance
> frequently, for which i had a shortcut on my XP machine, and i just
> had to enter the computers name i wanted to connect to.
>
> this link doesn't work in vista now and i always need to go throug
>
> start>help & support> search for remote assistance > two links deeper
> i can enter the computer name.
>
> That takes a lomg time. Is there a direct link i can use, to open the
> remote assistance faster?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Markus

Rick Rogers

Re: Remote Assistance
Hi,

One small correction, mstsc is Remote Desktop, msra opens Remote Assitance.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Robert Firth" <webmaster@winvistainfo.org> wrote in message
> Press the windows key (or open the start menu, or run box with Win key +
> r, whatever) then type "mstsc" in the start search box. I opt for the run
> box because it remembers the last command and I don't have to type it
> again.
>
> Robert Firth
> http://www.winvistainfo.org
>
> "m-arx" <meier.markus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1186566599.433165.187490@d55g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> we just got 4 Vista Notebooks into the IT Department, for our pleasure
>> - i mean for testing purposes.
>>
>> as i'm working partially in user helpdesk, i use the remote assistance
>> frequently, for which i had a shortcut on my XP machine, and i just
>> had to enter the computers name i wanted to connect to.
>>
>> this link doesn't work in vista now and i always need to go throug
>>
>> start>help & support> search for remote assistance > two links deeper
>> i can enter the computer name.
>>
>> That takes a lomg time. Is there a direct link i can use, to open the
>> remote assistance faster?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Markus

Robert Firth

Re: Remote Assistance
Yeah, I realized that. I was trying to figure out what remote assistance
would be since I haven't used it, or RD. Good to know. And Mr. Rogers saves
the day again!

Robert Firth
http://www.winvistainfo.org

> Hi,
>
> One small correction, mstsc is Remote Desktop, msra opens Remote
> Assitance.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Robert Firth" <webmaster@winvistainfo.org> wrote in message
>> Press the windows key (or open the start menu, or run box with Win key +
>> r, whatever) then type "mstsc" in the start search box. I opt for the run
>> box because it remembers the last command and I don't have to type it
>> again.
>>
>> Robert Firth
>> http://www.winvistainfo.org
>>
>> "m-arx" <meier.markus@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1186566599.433165.187490@d55g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we just got 4 Vista Notebooks into the IT Department, for our pleasure
>>> - i mean for testing purposes.
>>>
>>> as i'm working partially in user helpdesk, i use the remote assistance
>>> frequently, for which i had a shortcut on my XP machine, and i just
>>> had to enter the computers name i wanted to connect to.
>>>
>>> this link doesn't work in vista now and i always need to go throug
>>>
>>> start>help & support> search for remote assistance > two links deeper
>>> i can enter the computer name.
>>>
>>> That takes a lomg time. Is there a direct link i can use, to open the
>>> remote assistance faster?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Markus

Robert Firth

Re: Remote Assistance
One small correction, that should say "only RD", not "or RD". I have used
remote desktop. But that isn't important. Typos just drive me crazy.

Robert Firth
http://www.winvistainfo.org

> Yeah, I realized that. I was trying to figure out what remote assistance
> would be since I haven't used it, only RD. Good to know. And Mr. Rogers
> saves the day again!
>
> Robert Firth
> http://www.winvistainfo.org

>> Hi,
>>
>> One small correction, mstsc is Remote Desktop, msra opens Remote
>> Assitance.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Robert Firth" <webmaster@winvistainfo.org> wrote in message
>>> Press the windows key (or open the start menu, or run box with Win key +
>>> r, whatever) then type "mstsc" in the start search box. I opt for the
>>> run box because it remembers the last command and I don't have to type
>>> it again.
>>>
>>> Robert Firth
>>> http://www.winvistainfo.org
>>>
>>> "m-arx" <meier.markus@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:1186566599.433165.187490@d55g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...

m-arx

Re: Remote Assistance
On 8 Aug., 12:19, "Robert Firth" <webmas...@winvistainfo.org> wrote:
> One small correction, that should say "only RD", not "or RD". I have used
> remote desktop. But that isn't important. Typos just drive me crazy.
>
> Robert Firthhttp://www.winvistainfo.org
>
> "Robert Firth" <webmas...@winvistainfo.org> wrote in message

> > Yeah, I realized that. I was trying to figure out what remote assistance
> > would be since I haven't used it, only RD. Good to know. And Mr. Rogers
> > saves the day again!

> > Robert Firth
> >http://www.winvistainfo.org

> > "Rick Rogers" <r...@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> Hi,

> >> One small correction, mstsc is Remote Desktop, msra opens Remote
> >> Assitance.

> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/