Making applications available in different user accounts

AllyCar

Making applications available in different user accounts
When I create a new user account (e.g., Guest), the new user does not seem to
have access to all of the applications that I have on the computer. In this
case, the ones that aren't available are Word and PowerPoint.

How can I make these applications available to the other accounts?
gtop

RE: Making applications available in different user accounts
I have practically the same problem. How can the adminstrator let some
programs or applications be shared by users (children) without having to give
the password? I posted today a message asking for help.

"AllyCar" wrote:

> When I create a new user account (e.g., Guest), the new user does not seem to
> have access to all of the applications that I have on the computer. In this
> case, the ones that aren't available are Word and PowerPoint.
>
> How can I make these applications available to the other accounts?

brink

gtop;424389 Wrote:
> I have practically the same problem. How can the adminstrator let some
> programs or applications be shared by users (children) without having
> to give
> the password? I posted today a message asking for help.

Hi Gtop,

Set up a Standard account for the children and use Parental Controls in
the Control Panel (Classic View) on it to allow or disallow what you
want them to have access to. This link will explain Parental Controls
completely.

'Search Results'
(http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...ental+Controls)

Shawn

--
brink

_http://www.Vistax64.com (\"http://www.Vistax64.com\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*
AllyCar

RE: Making applications available in different user accounts
I think I finally figured out a way to do this. I went into my
administrative user account. I right clicked on "my computer" and click
"explore" to open up all of the folders on the computer. I click on the
administrator account's "desktop" folder, where there are shortcuts to the
programs I want to share. I right click to copy the shortcut, and then open
the desktop folders of the other users I want to share the access with, and
paste.

To get to the other users' folders, you click on the "computer" folder on
the left hand side, then click on "users" and you should see the folders of
the other user accounts. Opening a user folder should show you a "desktop"
folder that you can copy to.

Hope this helps - it may not be the easiest way to do it, but at least it
worked for me.