Re: Forefront Client Security without MOM server

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Re: Forefront Client Security without MOM server
[Forwarded to microsoft.public.security.forefront newsgroup via crosspost]

Lars wrote:
> We are currently running a setup with a SBS 2003. We have a dedicated
> server
> for our MOM server 2005/Forefront Client Security Console. This is running
> very smooth after some initial problems. i.e. deploying and monitoring the
> individual clients.
>
> Our setup has been extended. We are now hosting (excluding our own) 3 SBS
> 2003 domains. i.e. we need to monitor 4 domains. It looks like I need to
> install one MOM server on each of these domains? I could very much like to
> keep a single monitor server especially as my setup are relatively small –
> less than 10 users pr. domain.
> It is not an option to create a trust among the domains.
>
> I’m able to install the clients with the NOMOM option without the MOM
> server, but I need the monitoring options and group policies.
>
> Any ideas, suggestions or thoughts? Regards, Lars.

Lars

Re: Forefront Client Security without MOM server
Sorry – if I have been cross posting.

I was looking for microsoft.public.security.forefront– and did not find it.
Still can find it? Or are you simply removing my post? Regards lars

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Forwarded to microsoft.public.security.forefront newsgroup via crosspost]
>
> Lars wrote:
> > We are currently running a setup with a SBS 2003. We have a dedicated
> > server
> > for our MOM server 2005/Forefront Client Security Console. This is running
> > very smooth after some initial problems. i.e. deploying and monitoring the
> > individual clients.
> >
> > Our setup has been extended. We are now hosting (excluding our own) 3 SBS
> > 2003 domains. i.e. we need to monitor 4 domains. It looks like I need to
> > install one MOM server on each of these domains? I could very much like to
> > keep a single monitor server especially as my setup are relatively small –
> > less than 10 users pr. domain.
> > It is not an option to create a trust among the domains.
> >
> > I’m able to install the clients with the NOMOM option without the MOM
> > server, but I need the monitoring options and group policies.
> >
> > Any ideas, suggestions or thoughts? Regards, Lars.

MowGreen

Re: Forefront Client Security without MOM server
It appears that MS has moved the Forefront Client security newsgroup.
Try here, Lars:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...clientsecurity

If needed, you can change the location to where you are at the top right
of the page.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Lars wrote:

> Sorry – if I have been cross posting.
>
> I was looking for microsoft.public.security.forefront– and did not find it.
> Still can find it? Or are you simply removing my post? Regards lars
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>

>>[Forwarded to microsoft.public.security.forefront newsgroup via crosspost]
>>
>>Lars wrote:
>>
>>>We are currently running a setup with a SBS 2003. We have a dedicated
>>>server
>>>for our MOM server 2005/Forefront Client Security Console. This is running
>>>very smooth after some initial problems. i.e. deploying and monitoring the
>>>individual clients.
>>>
>>>Our setup has been extended. We are now hosting (excluding our own) 3 SBS
>>>2003 domains. i.e. we need to monitor 4 domains. It looks like I need to
>>>install one MOM server on each of these domains? I could very much like to
>>>keep a single monitor server especially as my setup are relatively small –
>>>less than 10 users pr. domain.
>>>It is not an option to create a trust among the domains.
>>>
>>>I’m able to install the clients with the NOMOM option without the MOM
>>>server, but I need the monitoring options and group policies.
>>>
>>>Any ideas, suggestions or thoughts? Regards, Lars.

Re: Forefront Client Security without MOM server
I crossposted my last reply; You may have been multi-posting though.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:

As long as anyone replying to this thread continues the crosspost, the post
will be available in both newsgroups, Lars.

However, as my colleague MowGreen points out, you'd be much better off
posting in these more heavily trafficked forums instead:

Lars wrote:
> Sorry – if I have been cross posting.
>
> I was looking for microsoft.public.security.forefront– and did not find
> it.
> Still can find it? Or are you simply removing my post? Regards lars
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [Forwarded to microsoft.public.security.forefront newsgroup via
>> crosspost]
>>
>> Lars wrote:
>>> We are currently running a setup with a SBS 2003. We have a dedicated
>>> server
>>> for our MOM server 2005/Forefront Client Security Console. This is
>>> running
>>> very smooth after some initial problems. i.e. deploying and monitoring
>>> the
>>> individual clients.
>>>
>>> Our setup has been extended. We are now hosting (excluding our own) 3
>>> SBS
>>> 2003 domains. i.e. we need to monitor 4 domains. It looks like I need to
>>> install one MOM server on each of these domains? I could very much like
>>> keep a single monitor server especially as my setup are relatively
>>> small –
>>> less than 10 users pr. domain.
>>> It is not an option to create a trust among the domains.
>>>
>>> I’m able to install the clients with the NOMOM option without the MOM
>>> server, but I need the monitoring options and group policies.
>>>
>>> Any ideas, suggestions or thoughts? Regards, Lars.

Lars

Re: Forefront Client Security without MOM server
Hello. Thank you for your reply. Glad I am not the only one not able to find
the forefront group. I will try the link you suggested. Regards, Lars.

"MowGreen" wrote:

> It appears that MS has moved the Forefront Client security newsgroup.
> Try here, Lars:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...clientsecurity
>
> If needed, you can change the location to where you are at the top right
> of the page.
>

> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Lars wrote:
>
> > Sorry – if I have been cross posting.
> >
> > I was looking for microsoft.public.security.forefront– and did not find it.
> > Still can find it? Or are you simply removing my post? Regards lars
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >

> >>[Forwarded to microsoft.public.security.forefront newsgroup via crosspost]

Lars

Re: Forefront Client Security without MOM server
Okay. Thank you very much for your time. I will end this (potential) cross or
multi post here and try the suggested link. Regards, Lars.