how to get all computers to report

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Alexander Pfingstl

how to get all computers to report
Hi All,

When I open my management console I see only 14 managed computers and 9 are
not reporting.
We use one server where we have
WSUS, Forefront and System Center Essencials 2007 installed.
When I open SCE I see 26 managed computers and the WSUS also shows 26
managed computers.
But not all clients get the client installed.
WE have two policies, which are for client and server.
The computer is in the correct group so it might install correct.

Thanks for help!

Alexander

Josh Gingras

Re: how to get all computers to report
I have been dealing with the same issue lately, and the FCS Deployment Tool
helped me narrow down the scope of my troubleshooting to a few machines.
Check it out at http://fcscompete.codeplex.com/.

Good luck.
Josh

"Alexander Pfingstl" <apfingstl@mcomputers.de> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> When I open my management console I see only 14 managed computers and 9
> are not reporting.
> We use one server where we have
> WSUS, Forefront and System Center Essencials 2007 installed.
> When I open SCE I see 26 managed computers and the WSUS also shows 26
> managed computers.
> But not all clients get the client installed.
> WE have two policies, which are for client and server.
> The computer is in the correct group so it might install correct.
>
> Thanks for help!
>
> Alexander

Alexander Pfingstl

Re: how to get all computers to report
HI Josh,

Thanks for the tool.

I looked at each computer and see that the ff client is installed but not
all computers are reporting to the server.
What do I need to get all my computers to report to the server?

Thanks!
Alexander
"Josh Gingras" <gingras@NOSPAM.inbox.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have been dealing with the same issue lately, and the FCS Deployment Tool
>helped me narrow down the scope of my troubleshooting to a few machines.
>Check it out at http://fcscompete.codeplex.com/.
>
> Good luck.
> Josh
>
> "Alexander Pfingstl" <apfingstl@mcomputers.de> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When I open my management console I see only 14 managed computers and 9
>> are not reporting.
>> We use one server where we have
>> WSUS, Forefront and System Center Essencials 2007 installed.
>> When I open SCE I see 26 managed computers and the WSUS also shows 26
>> managed computers.
>> But not all clients get the client installed.
>> WE have two policies, which are for client and server.
>> The computer is in the correct group so it might install correct.
>>
>> Thanks for help!
>>
>> Alexander

El niño santo de Emaus

Re: how to get all computers to report
Hi Alexander. The reporting of the clients depend on the MOM Agent. Check
that the MOM Agent is able to communicate with the sever (traffic filtering,
personal firewall...)

Regards

--
// Raúl
I love this game
> HI Josh,
>
> Thanks for the tool.
>
> I looked at each computer and see that the ff client is installed but not
> all computers are reporting to the server.
> What do I need to get all my computers to report to the server?
>
> Thanks!
> Alexander
> "Josh Gingras" <gingras@NOSPAM.inbox.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>I have been dealing with the same issue lately, and the FCS Deployment
>>Tool helped me narrow down the scope of my troubleshooting to a few
>>machines. Check it out at http://fcscompete.codeplex.com/.
>>
>> Good luck.
>> Josh
>>
>> "Alexander Pfingstl" <apfingstl@mcomputers.de> wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> When I open my management console I see only 14 managed computers and 9
>>> are not reporting.
>>> We use one server where we have
>>> WSUS, Forefront and System Center Essencials 2007 installed.
>>> When I open SCE I see 26 managed computers and the WSUS also shows 26
>>> managed computers.
>>> But not all clients get the client installed.
>>> WE have two policies, which are for client and server.
>>> The computer is in the correct group so it might install correct.
>>>
>>> Thanks for help!
>>>
>>> Alexander

Alexander Pfingstl

Re: how to get all computers to report
HI,

If I have a look in our system center essencials server I see that all
clients contact the server every day.
So I am not sure if the reporting problem with forefront is related to some
firewall stuff on the clients, as sce works fine.

Thanks!
Alexander