Forefront Client on Exchange when Antigen installed?

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Forefront Client on Exchange when Antigen installed?
My OU deployment of Forefront shows that my Exchange Server (which has
Antigen installed) wants to download the Forefront client like all my other
Domain Controllers do. Should the Forefront client be installed on the Same
Windows 2003 Server running Exchange 2003 and Antigen?

If it is not supposed to be downloaded, where did I go wrong? Should I have
a separate Policy applied to the Exchange Server?

Thanks in Advance,

Dana Cobb

Dieter Rauscher [MVP]

Re: Forefront Client on Exchange when Antigen installed?
Hi Dana,

> My OU deployment of Forefront shows that my Exchange Server (which has
> Antigen installed) wants to download the Forefront client like all my
> other Domain Controllers do.

So you have configured your Exchange Server to get FCS.

> Should the Forefront client be installed on the Same Windows 2003 Server
> running Exchange 2003 and Antigen?

Well, it depends on your protection needs.
If the Exchange server does only host the Exchange services and no file
shares etc. you _could_ perhaps skip that step and not deploy FCS on it.

> If it is not supposed to be downloaded, where did I go wrong? Should I
> have a separate Policy applied to the Exchange Server?

Would be a good idea. Cause you should configure exceptions for the Exchange
directories:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943556/en-us

Regards,
Dieter

--
Dieter Rauscher
MVP Forefront

Re: Forefront Client on Exchange when Antigen installed?
Thank you so much, I think I will install with the preferred exclusions.

Dana