Forefront Client Security and IBM Rational Clearcase

microsoft.public.security.forefront

alex_p

Forefront Client Security and IBM Rational Clearcase
Hello

We are doing a trial run of ForeFront Client Security as part to find a
replacement for our current AV product.

However, we identified that there is a conflict between FF Real-time
protection and ClearCase Dynamic views (aka MVFS) which results in random
file locks on MVFS and in view storage during certain ClearCase operations.

Is this problem known? Is it possible to have it fixed?

WBR, Alex

El niño santo de Emaus

Re: Forefront Client Security and IBM Rational Clearcase
Hi Alex. Forefront Client, like other antivirus, can impact on certain
applications due to file locking. There are some recommendations from
Microsoft regarding exclusions on files depending on the role of the sever
(domain controllers, Exchange servers, SQL...). It´s likely that you will
have to add exclusions for files needed by ClearCase.

This is the link to Microsoft recommendations
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943556

Hope it helps

--
// Raúl
I love this game
"alex_p" <alex_p@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> We are doing a trial run of ForeFront Client Security as part to find a
> replacement for our current AV product.
>
> However, we identified that there is a conflict between FF Real-time
> protection and ClearCase Dynamic views (aka MVFS) which results in random
> file locks on MVFS and in view storage during certain ClearCase
> operations.
>
> Is this problem known? Is it possible to have it fixed?
>
> WBR, Alex

Tim Nilimaa

Re: Forefront Client Security and IBM Rational Clearcase
Hi Alex,

It's very common for vendors to provide lists with exclusions for thier
products. Please so your vendor if the link Raúl provided does not solve the
problem for you.

Kind regards

Tim Nilimaa

"El niño santo de Emaus" <rmoros@kabel.es> wrote in message
> Hi Alex. Forefront Client, like other antivirus, can impact on certain
> applications due to file locking. There are some recommendations from
> Microsoft regarding exclusions on files depending on the role of the sever
> (domain controllers, Exchange servers, SQL...). It´s likely that you will
> have to add exclusions for files needed by ClearCase.
>
> This is the link to Microsoft recommendations
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943556
>
> Hope it helps
>
> --
> // Raúl
> I love this game
> Check my blog at http://edgesecurity.blogspot.com
> "alex_p" <alex_p@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> We are doing a trial run of ForeFront Client Security as part to find a
>> replacement for our current AV product.
>>
>> However, we identified that there is a conflict between FF Real-time
>> protection and ClearCase Dynamic views (aka MVFS) which results in random
>> file locks on MVFS and in view storage during certain ClearCase
>> operations.
>>
>> Is this problem known? Is it possible to have it fixed?
>>
>> WBR, Alex

Edgard_Hersen

On Dec 18, 9:56*am, "alex_p" <ale...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
> Hello
>
> We are doing a trial run ofForeFront Client Securityas part to find a
> replacement for our current AV product.
>
> However, we identified that there is a conflict between FF Real-time
> protection and ClearCase Dynamic views (aka MVFS) which results in random
> file locks on MVFS and in view storage during certain ClearCase operations.
>
> Is this problem known? Is it possible to have it fixed?
>
> WBR, Alex

Hi Alex, FCS allow items, like VNC, Dameware and other for remote
control, you can add yours applications in allow items, is better than
exclusion files. your application need many libraries and other
executions files. Try and tell me.
nit0ox@gmail.com

On Dec 30 2008, 9:21*pm, Edgard_Hersen <hersentol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 18, 9:56*am, "alex_p" <ale...@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
>
> > Hello

> > We are doing a trial run ofForeFront Client Securityas part to find a
> > replacement for our current AV product.

> > However, we identified that there is a conflict between FF Real-time
> > protection and ClearCase Dynamic views (aka MVFS) which results in random
> > file locks on MVFS and in view storage during certain ClearCase operations.

> > Is this problem known? Is it possible to have it fixed?

> > WBR, Alex

> Hi Alex, FCS allow items, like VNC, Dameware and other for remote
> control, you can add yours applications in allow items, is better than
> exclusion files. your application need many libraries and other
> executions files. Try and tell me.

Hi guys,

Did you fixed the problem ? Because we have the same problem and i
don't see where i can add the ClearCase application in allow items.
There are only applications list and ClearCase doen't appear on it.