Client Agent only installation

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Detlef Knut

Client Agent only installation
Hi,

I installed the agent on a Vista client with success and without any
problems. Today I wanted install on a XP client. But it showed a cmd
window only telling me that some parameters (MOM server etc.) are
missed. What is the difference between Vista and XP at that point? I
didn't find any hints for differences within the manuals.

Regards

Detlef
Tim Nilimaa

Re: Client Agent only installation
Hi Detlef,

Have you installed KB914882 ?

Kind regards

Tim Nilimaa

"Detlef Knut" <detlef_knut@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I installed the agent on a Vista client with success and without any
> problems. Today I wanted install on a XP client. But it showed a cmd
> window only telling me that some parameters (MOM server etc.) are missed.
> What is the difference between Vista and XP at that point? I didn't find
> any hints for differences within the manuals.
>
> Regards
>
> Detlef

Detlef Knut

Re: Client Agent only installation
Thanks, Tim.
I did not test it until now but I read some articles abot KB914882 and
it seems to be the solution for my installation problem.

Regards
Detlef

Tim Nilimaa schrieb:
> Hi Detlef,
>
> Have you installed KB914882 ?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Tim Nilimaa
>
> "Detlef Knut" <detlef_knut@yahoo.de> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed the agent on a Vista client with success and without any
>> problems. Today I wanted install on a XP client. But it showed a cmd
>> window only telling me that some parameters (MOM server etc.) are
>> missed. What is the difference between Vista and XP at that point? I
>> didn't find any hints for differences within the manuals.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Detlef

Detlef Knut

Re: Client Agent only installation
Like you said, Tim. Installaing the patch and after that running the
Clientsetup was fine.

Thanks

Detlef

Tim Nilimaa schrieb:
> Hi Detlef,
>
> Have you installed KB914882 ?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Tim Nilimaa
>
> "Detlef Knut" <detlef_knut@yahoo.de> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed the agent on a Vista client with success and without any
>> problems. Today I wanted install on a XP client. But it showed a cmd
>> window only telling me that some parameters (MOM server etc.) are
>> missed. What is the difference between Vista and XP at that point? I
>> didn't find any hints for differences within the manuals.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Detlef

Tim Nilimaa

Re: Client Agent only installation
Hi Detlef,

Lovely to hear that this solved the problem for you.