IAG and MS SQL2005 Management Studio

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Amigo

IAG and MS SQL2005 Management Studio
I have created IAG application to SQL servers. With both SQL2000 Enterprise
Manager and SQL2005 Management Studio we had to make Network Connector rule
to ISA (IAG wiki:
http://www.ssl-vpn.de/wiki/(X(1)S(32...20tunnels.ashx)
and it did work until I installed IAG sp1 hotfix 4 or 5 (clients just
reported problems, but cannot give me timetable for this...). SQL2000 EM
works ok, but SQL2005 MS won't connect anymore...

Has anyone knowledge about changes to NC in hotfix 4 or 5?

-Amigo

El niño santo de Emaus

Re: IAG and MS SQL2005 Management Studio
Hi Amigo. Have you tried network connector "as is" without the manual
filtering in ISA?

Regards

// Raúl

--
Check my blog at http://edgesecurity.blogspot.com

"Amigo" <Amigo@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>I have created IAG application to SQL servers. With both SQL2000 Enterprise
>Manager and SQL2005 Management Studio we had to make Network Connector rule
>to ISA (IAG wiki:
>http://www.ssl-vpn.de/wiki/(X(1)S(32...20tunnels.ashx)
>and it did work until I installed IAG sp1 hotfix 4 or 5 (clients just
>reported problems, but cannot give me timetable for this...). SQL2000 EM
>works ok, but SQL2005 MS won't connect anymore...
>
> Has anyone knowledge about changes to NC in hotfix 4 or 5?
>
> -Amigo

Amigo

Re: IAG and MS SQL2005 Management Studio
Yes. Tried many different ways. SQL2000 EM works ok, but 2005 Management
Studio won't.
I have test environment with identical DB instance and tested there beafore
I moved application to production. They both worked, but since hotfix 4 or 5
it doesn't work anymore... Test environment is "dead" also.

-Amigo

"El niño santo de Emaus" <rmoros@kabel.es> wrote in message
> Hi Amigo. Have you tried network connector "as is" without the manual
> filtering in ISA?
>
> Regards
>
> // Raúl
>
> --
> Check my blog at http://edgesecurity.blogspot.com

> "Amigo" <Amigo@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>I have created IAG application to SQL servers. With both SQL2000
>>Enterprise Manager and SQL2005 Management Studio we had to make Network
>>Connector rule to ISA (IAG wiki:
>>http://www.ssl-vpn.de/wiki/(X(1)S(32...20tunnels.ashx)
>>and it did work until I installed IAG sp1 hotfix 4 or 5 (clients just
>>reported problems, but cannot give me timetable for this...). SQL2000 EM
>>works ok, but SQL2005 MS won't connect anymore...
>>
>> Has anyone knowledge about changes to NC in hotfix 4 or 5?
>>
>> -Amigo

El niño santo de Emaus

Re: IAG and MS SQL2005 Management Studio
Hi Amigo. Have you taken traces in client and server sides? And ISA
Monitoring? I would try to find out where the traffic is cut: at the client
or at the server.

Nice weekend

// Raúl

--

> Yes. Tried many different ways. SQL2000 EM works ok, but 2005 Management
> Studio won't.
> I have test environment with identical DB instance and tested there
> beafore I moved application to production. They both worked, but since
> hotfix 4 or 5 it doesn't work anymore... Test environment is "dead" also.
>
> -Amigo
>
> "El niño santo de Emaus" <rmoros@kabel.es> wrote in message
>> Hi Amigo. Have you tried network connector "as is" without the manual
>> filtering in ISA?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> // Raúl
>>
>> --
>> Check my blog at http://edgesecurity.blogspot.com

>> "Amigo" <Amigo@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>>I have created IAG application to SQL servers. With both SQL2000
>>>Enterprise Manager and SQL2005 Management Studio we had to make Network
>>>Connector rule to ISA (IAG wiki:
>>>http://www.ssl-vpn.de/wiki/(X(1)S(32...20tunnels.ashx)
>>>and it did work until I installed IAG sp1 hotfix 4 or 5 (clients just
>>>reported problems, but cannot give me timetable for this...). SQL2000 EM
>>>works ok, but SQL2005 MS won't connect anymore...
>>>
>>> Has anyone knowledge about changes to NC in hotfix 4 or 5?
>>>
>>> -Amigo

Amigo

Re: IAG and MS SQL2005 Management Studio
Yes, I try that. Makes just no sense, because this has been working
beafore...

-A