How to determine Management Group Name

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Kent

How to determine Management Group Name
I am trying to run the Client Security Configuration wizard after a
fresh install, however, I did not do the initial install and I do not
know the Management Group name. I have tried the default of
"ForefrontClientSecurity" but it claims that is not the correct
Management Group name. Is there any way to tell what the previous
administrator used when he installed it? If not, how can I uninstall
and start over?

Thanks
kent
Lenroy Campbell

Forefront Security Installaiton Image
How is the Forefront Security Installation Image created, mentioned as part
of the package that is pushed out to a server client?

Thanks

Kurt Sarens

Re: How to determine Management Group Name
Hi Kent,

You can check in different places.

1: In Windows Explorer, go to All Users\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations
Manager, under this folder is another folder with the same name as the
Management Group name.
2: open Regedit and go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mission Critical
Software\OnePoint\Configurations\. The folder below it is the Management
Group name.

To uninstall, remove all Microsoft Forefront and MOM components from the
server. Remove (backup) the OnePoint and Reporting databases and restart the
installation.

Hope this helps,
Kurt

"Kent" <kent.oyer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to run the Client Security Configuration wizard after a
> fresh install, however, I did not do the initial install and I do not
> know the Management Group name. I have tried the default of
> "ForefrontClientSecurity" but it claims that is not the correct
> Management Group name. Is there any way to tell what the previous
> administrator used when he installed it? If not, how can I uninstall
> and start over?
>
> Thanks
> kent

Kurt Sarens

Re: Forefront Security Installaiton Image
Hi Lenroy,

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but the client package is
not created, it is already present on the installation media.
When you deploy using WSUS, the parameters are read from the registry to
install the package.
For a manual installation, you need to provide the MOM server name and the
name of the management group.

Thanks,
Kurt