x64 support

microsoft.public.security.forefront

AlEdlund

x64 support
Am I reading all of this stuff correctly, there is no client support for x64
servers (I'm using srv2008 Standard x64)?
Thanks,
al

Dieter Rauscher [MVP]

Re: x64 support
Hi Al,

> Am I reading all of this stuff correctly, there is no client support for
> x64 servers (I'm using srv2008 Standard x64)?

Which product are you referring to?
FCS?
Sure, there is support for x64:

"x64 (except Itanium) operating system installations are supported for
client computers."

But there's no support to run the server components (management, database)
on a x64 server OS.

Regards,
Dieter

--
Dieter Rauscher
MVP Forefront

AlEdlund

Re: x64 support

Forefront Client Security (x86 and x64) - CD (English) (msdn ....x13-62435)

attempted the "clientsetup /nomom",
got the error message that you can't install a 32bit client on a 64bit
system.

By the way the requirements on the single server system (both evaluation and
production) are
" Not supported:
Windows Server 2008 Server Core installation
x64 AND Itanium server editions"

"Client Security server components are not supported for x64 and Itanium
operating systems;"

"Client Security does not support:

a.. Installing Client Security server components on a domain controller."
Which of course is my test environment (single server for testing
sharepoint/visio)

Hopefully you've got some pointers to show where they do support it :-)

thanks,

al

"Dieter Rauscher [MVP]" <dieter.rauscher@msisafaq.de> wrote in message
> Hi Al,
>
>> Am I reading all of this stuff correctly, there is no client support for
>> x64 servers (I'm using srv2008 Standard x64)?

> Which product are you referring to?
> FCS?
> Sure, there is support for x64:
>
> "x64 (except Itanium) operating system installations are supported for
> client computers."
>
> But there's no support to run the server components (management, database)
> on a x64 server OS.
>
> Regards,
> Dieter
>
> --
> Dieter Rauscher
> MVP Forefront
> Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
> Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
> Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/

Peter Lawton

Re: x64 support
Have you tried running "clientsetup /no mom" from the "\client\x64\"
directory?

Peter Lawton

"AlEdlund" <edlund@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> Forefront Client Security (x86 and x64) - CD (English) (msdn
> ....x13-62435)
>
> attempted the "clientsetup /nomom",
> got the error message that you can't install a 32bit client on a 64bit
> system.
>
> By the way the requirements on the single server system (both evaluation
> and production) are
> " Not supported:
> Windows Server 2008 Server Core installation
> x64 AND Itanium server editions"
>
> "Client Security server components are not supported for x64 and Itanium
> operating systems;"
>
> "Client Security does not support:
>
> a.. Installing Client Security server components on a domain controller."
> Which of course is my test environment (single server for testing
> sharepoint/visio)
>
> Hopefully you've got some pointers to show where they do support it :-)
>
> thanks,
>
> al
>

> "Dieter Rauscher [MVP]" <dieter.rauscher@msisafaq.de> wrote in message
>> Hi Al,
>>
>>> Am I reading all of this stuff correctly, there is no client support for
>>> x64 servers (I'm using srv2008 Standard x64)?

>> Which product are you referring to?
>> FCS?
>> Sure, there is support for x64:
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb404245.aspx
>>
>> "x64 (except Itanium) operating system installations are supported for
>> client computers."
>>
>> But there's no support to run the server components (management,
>> database) on a x64 server OS.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dieter
>>
>> --
>> Dieter Rauscher
>> MVP Forefront
>> Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
>> Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
>> Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/

AlEdlund

Re: x64 support
Thank you, yes,
al

"Peter Lawton" <dummy@dummy.domain> wrote in message
> Have you tried running "clientsetup /no mom" from the "\client\x64\"
> directory?
>
> Peter Lawton
>
> "AlEdlund" <edlund@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Forefront Client Security (x86 and x64) - CD (English) (msdn
>> ....x13-62435)
>>
>> attempted the "clientsetup /nomom",
>> got the error message that you can't install a 32bit client on a 64bit
>> system.
>>
>> By the way the requirements on the single server system (both evaluation
>> and production) are
>> " Not supported:
>> Windows Server 2008 Server Core installation
>> x64 AND Itanium server editions"
>>
>> "Client Security server components are not supported for x64 and Itanium
>> operating systems;"
>>
>> "Client Security does not support:
>>
>> a.. Installing Client Security server components on a domain
>> controller."
>> Which of course is my test environment (single server for testing
>> sharepoint/visio)
>>
>> Hopefully you've got some pointers to show where they do support it :-)
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> al
>>

>> "Dieter Rauscher [MVP]" <dieter.rauscher@msisafaq.de> wrote in message
>>> Hi Al,

>>> Which product are you referring to?
>>> FCS?
>>> Sure, there is support for x64:
>>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb404245.aspx
>>>
>>> "x64 (except Itanium) operating system installations are supported for
>>> client computers."
>>>
>>> But there's no support to run the server components (management,
>>> database) on a x64 server OS.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dieter
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dieter Rauscher
>>> MVP Forefront
>>> Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
>>> Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
>>> Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/

AlEdlund

Re: x64 support
apologies to all, I went back and checked again, obviously I was in the
wrong place the first time.
thanks again for your patiences and help,

No worries. That's why we are here.

Dieter