IAG File Access Content Checker

microsoft.public.security.forefront

IAG File Access Content Checker
Hi. I was wondering if it was possible to implement some sort of
content checker on the IAG File Access application. In particular I
would like to set apolicy that restricts the client from downloading a
file which contains a certain string. Is this possible and if so how
would I go about doing it? Thanks in advance for any help.
El niño santo de Emaus

Re: IAG File Access Content Checker
Hi Nick. I think there is a straightforward way to do it that is using the
URL Set. The File Access is a web application so can you include a rule in
the ruleset excluding that pattern.

Hope it helps

// Raúl

--
Check my blog at http://edgesecurity.blogspot.com

"J" <nickpoucher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I was wondering if it was possible to implement some sort of
> content checker on the IAG File Access application. In particular I
> would like to set apolicy that restricts the client from downloading a
> file which contains a certain string. Is this possible and if so how
> would I go about doing it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: IAG File Access Content Checker
Hi Raúl. Thanks for your response. If I have understood it correctly,
your answer allows file access to be blocked if a filename contains a
given string. However, I require the actual contents of the file to be
checked for the given string. Is this possible? Thanks.

On Aug 8, 8:04*pm, "El niño santo de Emaus" <rmo...@kabel.es> wrote:
> Hi Nick. I think there is a straightforward way to do it that is using the
> URL Set. The File Access is a web application so can you include a rule in
> the ruleset excluding that pattern.
>
> Hope it helps
>
> // Raúl
>
> --
> Check my blog athttp://edgesecurity.blogspot.com
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------"J" <nickpouc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi. I was wondering if it was possible to implement some sort of
> > content checker on the IAG File Access application. In particular I
> > would like to set apolicy that restricts the client from downloading a
> > file which contains a certain string. Is this possible and if so how
> > would I go about doing it? Thanks in advance for any help.

El niño santo de Emaus

Re: IAG File Access Content Checker
Hi Nick. Well, I guess that is not impossible but almost impossible. The way
to do it would be implementing a new application wrapper over the basis of
the File Access and extending it with the content checker. There is another
challenge regarding the file itself: What kind of file do you want to parse?
If the file is a text one, that would be easy, but if the file is a let´s
say pdf, you will need also to include the intelligence to open and read the
contents to search for the string.

Sorry for the bad news

// Raúl

--

Hi Raúl. Thanks for your response. If I have understood it correctly,
your answer allows file access to be blocked if a filename contains a
given string. However, I require the actual contents of the file to be
checked for the given string. Is this possible? Thanks.

On Aug 8, 8:04 pm, "El niño santo de Emaus" <rmo...@kabel.es> wrote:
> Hi Nick. I think there is a straightforward way to do it that is using the
> URL Set. The File Access is a web application so can you include a rule in
> the ruleset excluding that pattern.
>
> Hope it helps
>
> // Raúl
>
> --
> Check my blog athttp://edgesecurity.blogspot.com
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------"J"
> <nickpouc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi. I was wondering if it was possible to implement some sort of
> > content checker on the IAG File Access application. In particular I
> > would like to set apolicy that restricts the client from downloading a
> > file which contains a certain string. Is this possible and if so how
> > would I go about doing it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: IAG File Access Content Checker
Hi Raúl. Thanks for your latest reply. I guessed that was going to be
the case, but was hoping that the IAG would have built-in support
already available. I was only originally planning on looking at simple
text files, so the added intelligence regarding pdf files and the like
is not a problem right now.

Thanks again

Nick