No matter how many clients we add the console always says we have 2.

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Andy

No matter how many clients we add the console always says we have 2.
hi there, we have finally gotten Forefront client security and WSUS
running and its all deploying and everything actually seems to be working
with some degree of success.

However, if I go into the 'microsoft forefront client security console' it
shows 2 managed computers but its only actually giving me statistics about 1
computer which is itself...

we actually have the client software on about 7 PCs at the moment...

any ideas?

Maybe its not updating something in a database somewhere?

when i came in this morning it was scanning on my machine so I have a
feeling its working there is just some disconnect between reporting.

Any ideas?

Marin Frankovic

Re: No matter how many clients we add the console always says we have 2.
"Andy" <aweaver@ee.net> wrote in message
> hi there, we have finally gotten Forefront client security and WSUS
> running and its all deploying and everything actually seems to be working
> with some degree of success.
>
> However, if I go into the 'microsoft forefront client security console' it
> shows 2 managed computers but its only actually giving me statistics about
> 1 computer which is itself...
>
> we actually have the client software on about 7 PCs at the moment...
>
> any ideas?
>
> Maybe its not updating something in a database somewhere?
>
> when i came in this morning it was scanning on my machine so I have a
> feeling its working there is just some disconnect between reporting.
>
> Any ideas?

You need to deploy MOM agent to those computers.

--

-----------------
Marin Frankovic

Andy

Re: No matter how many clients we add the console always says we have 2.
Ah, alright.

Now I'm starting to see the very elusive 'inter-twinedness' of everything
and how it all works together.

thanks for that.

-Drew
"Marin Frankovic" <marin@REMOVEfrankovic.net> wrote in message
> "Andy" <aweaver@ee.net> wrote in message
>> hi there, we have finally gotten Forefront client security and WSUS
>> running and its all deploying and everything actually seems to be working
>> with some degree of success.
>>
>> However, if I go into the 'microsoft forefront client security console'
>> it shows 2 managed computers but its only actually giving me statistics
>> about 1 computer which is itself...
>>
>> we actually have the client software on about 7 PCs at the moment...
>>
>> any ideas?
>>
>> Maybe its not updating something in a database somewhere?
>>
>> when i came in this morning it was scanning on my machine so I have a
>> feeling its working there is just some disconnect between reporting.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> You need to deploy MOM agent to those computers.
>
> --
>
> -----------------
> Marin Frankovic

Andy

Re: No matter how many clients we add the console always says we have 2.
Ah thanks so much, it now sees all 6 of the hosts, although now it says that
5 of the hosts have out-of-date policies. I notice that if I run gpupdate
/force it does appear to change the policy because I change the ability for
the user to open the 'Forefront client' then I run gpupdate /force and it
wont open, then i go back in and enable the user to open the forefront
client and re-run gpupdate /force and it appears to update.

Any more tips on working with this thing? its very cool i've intentionally
passed some viruses through Postini to myself to see if it would catch it
and its caught all of them, if i could work out the kinks i'd be so happy.

It doesnt seem to be reporting that it has the new policy.

> Ah thanks so much, it now sees all 6 of the hosts, although now it says
> that 5 of the hosts have out-of-date policies. I notice that if I run
> gpupdate /force it does appear to change the policy because I change the
> ability for the user to open the 'Forefront client' then I run gpupdate
> /force and it wont open, then i go back in and enable the user to open the
> forefront client and re-run gpupdate /force and it appears to update.
>
> Any more tips on working with this thing? its very cool i've intentionally
> passed some viruses through Postini to myself to see if it would catch it
> and its caught all of them, if i could work out the kinks i'd be so happy.
>
> It doesnt seem to be reporting that it has the new policy.
>
> "Marin Frankovic" <marin@REMOVEfrankovic.net> wrote in message
>> "Andy" <aweaver@ee.net> wrote in message
>>> hi there, we have finally gotten Forefront client security and WSUS
>>> running and its all deploying and everything actually seems to be
>>> working with some degree of success.
>>>
>>> However, if I go into the 'microsoft forefront client security console'
>>> it shows 2 managed computers but its only actually giving me statistics
>>> about 1 computer which is itself...
>>>
>>> we actually have the client software on about 7 PCs at the moment...
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>
>>> Maybe its not updating something in a database somewhere?
>>>
>>> when i came in this morning it was scanning on my machine so I have a
>>> feeling its working there is just some disconnect between reporting.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

>> You need to deploy MOM agent to those computers.
>>
>> --
>>
>> -----------------
>> Marin Frankovic

Firewall settings on the client?

--

Marin Frankovic

new hi! what does it matter jarkko Introduce Yourself 1 03-28-2008 12:28
Matter, Anti-Matter, and a New Subatomic Particle? Steve General Technology News 0 03-22-2008 07:10
what is the matter..? PHP microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 03-20-2008 22:57
Matter Steve General Technology News 0 03-19-2008 20:20
WSUS clients are not appearing in WSUS console RAV microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 03-13-2008 20:08