Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Nicolas Macarez

Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering
Hi!
I'm using Antigen 9.0 as an antispam solution on an Exchange Server 2003 SP2
server.
I have some trouble with a recipient in my organization. A great deal of
legitimate mails sent to this user go are blocked by Antigen.
It is not the case for the other users.
I have tried many things but with no great success.
Is there a way to set up Antigen as to never block any mail sent to a
specific user/recipient?
Help appreciated.
Nicolas

John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]

Re: Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering
Have not worked with Antigen but have you contacted their tech support since
this is a third party issue and not Exchange related?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I'm using Antigen 9.0 as an antispam solution on an Exchange Server 2003
> SP2 server.
> I have some trouble with a recipient in my organization. A great deal of
> legitimate mails sent to this user go are blocked by Antigen.
> It is not the case for the other users.
> I have tried many things but with no great success.
> Is there a way to set up Antigen as to never block any mail sent to a
> specific user/recipient?
> Help appreciated.
> Nicolas

Jetze Mellema

Re: Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering
"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Have not worked with Antigen but have you contacted their tech support
> since this is a third party issue and not Exchange related?

Define third party. :-) The Antigen company was bought bij Microsoft and
version 9.0 was probably sold by Microsoft.
(http://www.microsoft.com/antigen/default.mspx) The current Exchange 2007
compatible version was rebranded as Forefront Security for Exchange.
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Jetze Mellema (MS MVP)
Lees mijn blog: http://jetzemellema.blogspot.com/
Mijn hobby: http://www.mellema.net/homecomputers
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]

Re: Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering
Good point. You might try Microsoft Technet Forums also or wait back for
reply from somenone that uses it currently. I do not use the product so I
cannot elaborate on it.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...aspx?SiteID=17

--

"Jetze Mellema" <stoppen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> Have not worked with Antigen but have you contacted their tech support
>> since this is a third party issue and not Exchange related?

> Define third party. :-) The Antigen company was bought bij Microsoft and
> version 9.0 was probably sold by Microsoft.
> (http://www.microsoft.com/antigen/default.mspx) The current Exchange 2007
> compatible version was rebranded as Forefront Security for Exchange.
> --
> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Jetze Mellema (MS MVP)
> Lees mijn blog: http://jetzemellema.blogspot.com/
> Mijn hobby: http://www.mellema.net/homecomputers
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

Peter Durkee

Re: Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering
I don't think there's any way to do that. Is it mostly SpamCure that's
blocking the emails or content filters?

I have one user that has the same problem, and I finally arranged to forward
all notifications of his blocked messages to him so he could pick which ones
he wanted sent to him out of quarantine. Yes it is a pain but he's happy
now.

-Peter

"Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I'm using Antigen 9.0 as an antispam solution on an Exchange Server 2003
> SP2 server.
> I have some trouble with a recipient in my organization. A great deal of
> legitimate mails sent to this user go are blocked by Antigen.
> It is not the case for the other users.
> I have tried many things but with no great success.
> Is there a way to set up Antigen as to never block any mail sent to a
> specific user/recipient?
> Help appreciated.
> Nicolas

El niño santo de Emaus

Re: Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering
Hi Nicolas. I have found some similar situations in the past and there is
nothing you can do about this (or at least I didn't find out how to do it).
Are you using Spam Manager in combination with Exchange SP2 IMF or
standalone?

Sorry for not having an answer

// Raúl

--
Check my blog at http://edgesecurity.blogspot.com

"Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I'm using Antigen 9.0 as an antispam solution on an Exchange Server 2003
> SP2 server.
> I have some trouble with a recipient in my organization. A great deal of
> legitimate mails sent to this user go are blocked by Antigen.
> It is not the case for the other users.
> I have tried many things but with no great success.
> Is there a way to set up Antigen as to never block any mail sent to a
> specific user/recipient?
> Help appreciated.
> Nicolas

Jetze Mellema

Re: Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering
"El niño santo de Emaus" <rmoros@kabel.es> schreef in bericht
> Check my blog at http://edgesecurity.blogspot.com

Yeah, and check my blog: http://jetzemellema.blogspot.com/

//Gotta learn Spanish sometime. :-)
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Jetze Mellema (MS MVP)
Lees mijn blog: http://jetzemellema.blogspot.com/
Mijn hobby: http://www.mellema.net/homecomputers
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

El niño santo de Emaus

Re: Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering
Hi Jetze. The "check my blog" is a default signature. Sorry for that. I
didn't notice I was writing for english speaking people. Anyway, Spanish is
a wonderful language and I encourage you to learn it. Sure it will be useful
for you in you summer holidays in Mallorca or Benalmadena ;-)

Best wishes

// Raúl

> Hi Jetze. The "check my blog" is a default signature. Sorry for that. I
> didn't notice I was writing for english speaking people. Anyway, Spanish
> is a wonderful language and I encourage you to learn it. Sure it will be
> useful for you in you summer holidays in Mallorca or Benalmadena ;-)

No need to apologize. I have the same sentence in my signature and I leave
it there because I'm mostly active in Dutch newsgroups. I clicked on the
link to your blog because the subject interested me, I was a little bit
disappointed when I discoverd it was written in Spanish. But then I realised
that visitors to my blog will have the same experience.

Is Spanish as difficult as Portugees is? Well, obviously not for you... :-)
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Jetze Mellema (MS MVP)
Lees mijn blog: http://jetzemellema.blogspot.com/
Mijn hobby: http://www.mellema.net/homecomputers
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

Nicolas Macarez

Re: Exclude Recipient from Antigen Filtering
Hi Peter,
It is always SpamCure which is bloking the e-mails for that specific user.
Your turnaround seems pretty interesting to me but I can't figure out how
you set it up.
What I understand is, under the Antigen 9.0 administration interface:

Settings, button AntiSpam on the left,
Select SMTP Scan Job in the main panel
Below, SpamCure is checked with Action set to Purge: Eliminate messages
Only Quarantine Files is checked
If I check Send Notifications, I guess ALL the users in the organization
will get a notification everytime a mail is blocked, and I certainly want to
avoid that.

How can I send notifications to only a specific user each time a mail sent
to him is blocked byAntigen?

Best regards
Nicolas

u1Yu4W2kIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...