IAG 2007 SP1 with Vista client problem

microsoft.public.security.forefront

andreasmeyer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IAG 2007 SP1 with Vista client problem
Hi,
I running Vista Enterprise with IE 7 and trying to use the Remote Desktop icon in the IAG 2007 SP1 portal.
When running this it tells me that the "Whale Client component" will install. Then when I finished it needs to restart the browser. It does the restart of the IE.
Then in the new IE window ALL communication is blocked. (I tried to surf with Firefox and this works)... I can´t surf anyware, and after a while waiting, ALL network communication stops...and I have to restart my computer. And to fix the error I have to uninstall the activeX web client "Whale Client component" and restart the computer again....

Anyone have this problem? Is it a known problem?

Regards
Andreas
CKM CKM is offline

CKM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Same Problem
I have the same problem only using Vista Home Premium.

Did you resolve it?
El niño santo de Emaus

Re: IAG 2007 SP1 with Vista client problem
Could you be a little more explicit?

// Raúl

--
Check my blog at http://edgesecurity.blogspot.com

"CKM" <CKM.3bky44@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I have the same problem only using Vista Home Premium.
>
> Did you resolve it?
>

> --
> CKM

CKM CKM is offline

CKM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Iag
The problem I have is as described in the original post:

The company I work for has implemented IAG and in theory I should be able to go to our portal from my home PC and log in. At this point some Whale components are downloaded and installed.
I should then have web access to my work Outlook and this works o.k.
I should also have access to my work PC and certain servers. When I click on the remote desktop connection, a further download and installation of Whale components starts.I completes then states that IE needs to be restarted, clicking 'O.K' closes and re-opens and tries to go back to the portal page, but nothing happens for around 10 minutes, then the standard this 'page can not be displayed' appears.

After this IE is completely useless until I un-install the Whale components.

I've tried with no firewall installed (except Vista's) and no anti-virus installed.
El niño santo de Emaus

Re: IAG 2007 SP1 with Vista client problem
Hi. Vista is only supported in 32-bit versions, so this is the first thing
you have to discard.

You say Office Outlook is working or is it Outlook Web Access? Usually, RDP
connection is published in IAG as a port forwarder application but Vista
only uses the socket forwarder component that is the same used for Office
Outlook so if Outlook is working RDP should do as well. When you first log
in to the portal can you check the System Info to see what components and
versions are installed?

Another option is to install the components with the offline setup instead
of through the Active-X control

Hope it helps

// Raúl

--

"CKM" <CKM.3bly88@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> The problem I have is as described in the original post:
>
> The company I work for has implemented IAG and in theory I should be
> able to go to our portal from my home PC and log in. At this point some
> Whale components are downloaded and installed.
> I should then have web access to my work Outlook and this works o.k.
> I should also have access to my work PC and certain servers. When I
> click on the remote desktop connection, a further download and
> installation of Whale components starts.I completes then states that IE
> needs to be restarted, clicking 'O.K' closes and re-opens and tries to
> then the standard this 'page can not be displayed' appears.
>
> After this IE is completely useless until I un-install the Whale
> components.
>
> I've tried with no firewall installed (except Vista's) and no
> anti-virus installed.
>

> --
> CKM

CKM CKM is offline

CKM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry, it's Outlook Web Access.

I tried an off-line install yesterday....
It gave me exactly the same result, I can access Outlook, but when I try to RDP I get asked to allow the Whale components to install which completes and re-starts IE then nothing.

Are there 2 different Whale components which need to install or is the first install not being recognised?

Thank you for your help
CKM CKM is offline

CKM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
System Information From Client
The system information from the portal shows that these components have an 'X' against them:

SSL Wrapper, Socket Forwarder LSP/NSP, Network Connector Client/Driver

Should any of these be ticked?
El niño santo de Emaus

Re: IAG 2007 SP1 with Vista client problem
Well, when trying to run the RDP in Windows Vista you will need the socket
forwarder, so there should be a mark beside the LSP/NSP and a version
number. If you have made an offline installation, use the setup that
includes that component (the socket forwarder). (Please note that depending
on the version you are running, the offline setup will need to be updated
when you access the portal for the first time after the installation, but in
the system information you should see at least the original version)

Regards
--

"CKM" <CKM.3bq2sg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> The system information from the portal shows that these components have
> an 'X' against them:
>
> SSL Wrapper, Socket Forwarder LSP/NSP, Network Connector Client/Driver
>
> Should any of these be ticked?
>

> --
> CKM

ITv6 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IAG 2007 SP1 with Vista client problem
can you please let us know which version of service pack and IAG update you are running ?
you can try IAGserver.ORG technical forums to find an answe Microsoft Intelligent Application Gateway (IAG) Knowledge Center | Forums Articles Videos Links and Welcome to Microsoft Forefront IAG 2007 Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by El niño santo de Emaus View Post
Well, when trying to run the RDP in Windows Vista you will need the socket
forwarder, so there should be a mark beside the LSP/NSP and a version
number. If you have made an offline installation, use the setup that
includes that component (the socket forwarder). (Please note that depending
on the version you are running, the offline setup will need to be updated
when you access the portal for the first time after the installation, but in
the system information you should see at least the original version)

Regards
--
Check my blog at Para el-ISA y para el-IAG