Forefront for Sharepoint - Administring MOSS Farm ?

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Claus Greck [MVP]

Forefront for Sharepoint - Administring MOSS Farm ?
Hello everybody,

I have to setup Forefront Security for Sharepoint in two server farms with
two Web Front End servers each and I have no testing environment here.

am familiar with Forefront Security for Sharepoint, but not with an
installation on a Sharepoint farm and Technet unfortunately isn't telling
much here.

I know that I have to install the Forefront software on each of the WFE but
what about administration of the Forefront? Do I have to administer the two
Sharepoint installations in one of the farms separately and take care for
myself of configuring the two Forefront Servers equally, or will the
settings for both Sharepoint Server at the same time be administered when
opening the Administration Console on any of them, which would make most
sense to me.

Thanks a lot

Claus Greck

Dieter Rauscher [MVP]

Re: Forefront for Sharepoint - Administring MOSS Farm ?
Hi Claus,

> I know that I have to install the Forefront software on each of the WFE
> but what about administration of the Forefront? Do I have to administer
> the two Sharepoint installations in one of the farms separately and take
> care for myself of configuring the two Forefront Servers equally, or will
> the settings for both Sharepoint Server at the same time be administered
> when opening the Administration Console on any of them, which would make
> most sense to me.

I personally do have no experience with Forefront for Sharepoint and
Sharepoint itself.
But, there┤'s a Forefront Server Security Management Console, which should
be able to assist you in many cases.
http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/s...t/default.mspx

HTH

Regards,
Dieter

--
Dieter Rauscher
MVP Forefront

Claus Greck

Re: Forefront for Sharepoint - Administring MOSS Farm ?
Hi Dieter

thanks, found it already. FSSMC is the solution
Does your book don't cover Forefront for Sharepoint?

Greetz

Claus

Farm Frenzy 1.1 Gamer Games Feed 0 12-22-2007 15:50
MOSS 2007 on vista Jr .net microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 12-21-2007 21:28
MS07-059 - Important: Vulnerability in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office SharePoint Server 2007 Could Result in Elevation of Privilege Within the SharePoint Site (942017) Steve Microsoft Security Bulletins 0 10-10-2007 03:51