Forefront client security console crashing

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Peter Lawton

Forefront client security console crashing
Whenever I try to run the Forefront client security management console it
crashes, I've tried installing it on three different servers (W2003 32bit
SP2) and get the same error:-

MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it

I select unload the snap-in and continue, then get the following message:

FX:{c7b8fb07-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4}
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
Exception Type
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

Then a stack trace

Anyone know how to get this running?

Thanks

Peter Lawton

mglass@gasunlim.com

Re: Forefront client security console crashing
On Feb 17, 1:52*pm, "Peter Lawton" <DevNull@fakedomain> wrote:
> Whenever I try to run theForefrontclient security management console it
> crashes, I've tried installing it on three different servers (W2003 32bit
> SP2) and get the same error:-
>
> MMChasdetected an error in a snap-in and will unload it
>
> I select unload the snap-in and continue, then get the following message:
>
> FX:{c7b8fb07-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4}Exceptionhasbeenthrownby thetargetof aninvocationExceptionType
> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
>
> Then a stack trace
>
> Anyone know how to get this running?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Lawton

Peter,
I am experiencing the same problem. Did you ever resolve this issue?

Michael Glass

Peter Lawton

Re: Forefront client security console crashing
No, I'm afraid not

As I couldn't fix the issue and nobody here could help I gave up with
Forefront client security as not being ready for serious use yet.

I might try again when the next version comes out, but to be honest I think
the whole idea of having to install MOM just to manage some AV software
sucks big time anyway.

Peter Lawton

<mglass@gasunlim.com> wrote in message
On Feb 17, 1:52 pm, "Peter Lawton" <DevNull@fakedomain> wrote:
> Whenever I try to run theForefrontclient security management console it
> crashes, I've tried installing it on three different servers (W2003 32bit
> SP2) and get the same error:-
>
> MMChasdetected an error in a snap-in and will unload it
>
> I select unload the snap-in and continue, then get the following message:
>
> FX:{c7b8fb07-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4}Exceptionhasbeenthrownby
> thetargetof aninvocationExceptionType
> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
>
> Then a stack trace
>
> Anyone know how to get this running?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Lawton

Peter,
I am experiencing the same problem. Did you ever resolve this issue?

Michael Glass

Jetze Mellema

Re: Forefront client security console crashing
"Peter Lawton" <dummy@dummy.domain> schreef in bericht
> No, I'm afraid not
>
> As I couldn't fix the issue and nobody here could help I gave up with
> Forefront client security as not being ready for serious use yet.
>
> I might try again when the next version comes out, but to be honest I
> think the whole idea of having to install MOM just to manage some AV
> software sucks big time anyway.

I couldn't agree more, on both statements. I just took the 5-days course on
Forefront client and server security and must say that I'm very
disappointed.
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Jetze Mellema (MS MVP)
Lees mijn blog: http://jetzemellema.blogspot.com/
Mijn hobby: http://www.mellema.net/homecomputers
How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

Eric Denekamp

Re: Forefront client security console crashing
I agree with you here, I am disapointed with THIS setup. If I could
incorporate forefront into my existing MOM/OpsMgr setup I would be happy,
and I think you know the rest of my thoughts with this product. it would be
a product that is enterprise ready.

Eric D