IAG and FTP

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Amigo

IAG and FTP
I have published Passive mode FTP through IAG.
Seems, that ftp corrupts files while uploading them. Some cases are succeed,
but most of the time files corrupt during upload. Downloading is ok.
In ISA, I took "Read only" setting away and disabled FTP filter. There is no
difference in 3th party FTP clients, all of them (that I tested) corrupts
files... And same in XP:s ftp.exe via command line.

FTP server is basic IIS 6 with nothing special and it works in internal
network. Also ftp to and from IAG server itself works ok.

Clients have XP sp2:s firewall and Symantecs AV.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Amigo

El niño santo de Emaus

Re: IAG and FTP
Hi Amigo. You say that some times the transfer goes o.k. What size are the
files you are testing with? Do smaller files work but larger ones don´t?

Regards

// Raúl

--
Check my blog at http://edgesecurity.blogspot.com
"Amigo" <maurizc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have published Passive mode FTP through IAG.
> Seems, that ftp corrupts files while uploading them. Some cases are
> succeed, but most of the time files corrupt during upload. Downloading is
> ok.
> In ISA, I took "Read only" setting away and disabled FTP filter. There is
> no difference in 3th party FTP clients, all of them (that I tested)
> corrupts files... And same in XP:s ftp.exe via command line.
>
> FTP server is basic IIS 6 with nothing special and it works in internal
> network. Also ftp to and from IAG server itself works ok.
>
> Clients have XP sp2:s firewall and Symantecs AV.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Amigo

Amigo

Re: IAG and FTP
Files are typically Office-documents, ~500 kb - 5 Mb. Document size doesn't
seem to have any meaning with this, all corrupts. Changeing type to binary
or ascii does'n change anything. There are few cases, when same dokument
were corrupt couple times and suddently 3th or 4th try was success..

Thanks

-Amigo