IAG2007 sp1 - RDP porblem

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Amigo

IAG2007 sp1 - RDP porblem
Hi
Problems with RDP publishing via IAG sp1. On client side published
application doesn't open RDP connection. Instead it opens clients own RDP
dialog and it's last connected ip-address. I have deleted newly maded trunk
and created it again (several times...) with default settings, so there is
no CustomUpdate settings.
On client side, port 3389 is opened to target server. So I can open RDP by
writeing it's ip to dialog... Seems, that somehow IAG client doesn't forward
destinations ip-address to RDP client correctly or at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Amigo

Amigo

Re: IAG2007 sp1 - RDP porblem
Never mind, found solution...
Need to define Initial Server, even though there is only one server as
target...

-A

"Amigo" <mikko_j_h@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Problems with RDP publishing via IAG sp1. On client side published
> application doesn't open RDP connection. Instead it opens clients own RDP
> dialog and it's last connected ip-address. I have deleted newly maded
> trunk and created it again (several times...) with default settings, so
> there is no CustomUpdate settings.
> On client side, port 3389 is opened to target server. So I can open RDP by
> writeing it's ip to dialog... Seems, that somehow IAG client doesn't
> forward destinations ip-address to RDP client correctly or at all.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Amigo

ElNi˝oSantodeEmaus

Re: IAG2007 sp1 - RDP porblem
Hola Amigo. There are two ways to publish RDP, one with port forwarding and
the other one with soket forwarding. If the client station has the socket
forwarder component installed, it will always open RDP this way (no matter
what you specify in the trunk). In the port forwarding mode, the connection
opens automatically (and you can only access one server) but in the soket
forwarding mode you need to write the server's name manually or specify and
Initial server in the trunk configuration.

If you want to try the port forwarder you need to unisntall or block the
socket forwarder at the client side (you can use the system information
button on whale toolbar to do this)

Hope this helps

// Ra˙l

> Never mind, found solution...
> Need to define Initial Server, even though there is only one server as
> target...
>
> -A
>
> "Amigo" <mikko_j_h@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> Problems with RDP publishing via IAG sp1. On client side published
>> application doesn't open RDP connection. Instead it opens clients own RDP
>> dialog and it's last connected ip-address. I have deleted newly maded
>> trunk and created it again (several times...) with default settings, so
>> there is no CustomUpdate settings.
>> On client side, port 3389 is opened to target server. So I can open RDP
>> by writeing it's ip to dialog... Seems, that somehow IAG client doesn't
>> forward destinations ip-address to RDP client correctly or at all.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> -Amigo

Amigo