Save Antigen 9.0 Filter Lists

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Nicolas Macarez

Save Antigen 9.0 Filter Lists
Hi!
I am running Antigen 9.0 on W2K3 Server and E2K3 SP2.

Is there a way to save the exceptions that I set up in Antigen under:
Antigen Administrator > FILTERING > Filter Lists.

I want to save these lists somewhere, in a TXT file for exemple that I can
import later if I need to reinstall Antigen from scratch.

Help appreciated.
Nicolas

Dieter Rauscher [MVP]

Re: Save Antigen 9.0 Filter Lists
Hi Nicolas,

> I am running Antigen 9.0 on W2K3 Server and E2K3 SP2.
>
> Is there a way to save the exceptions that I set up in Antigen under:
> Antigen Administrator > FILTERING > Filter Lists.
>
> I want to save these lists somewhere, in a TXT file for exemple that I can
> import later if I need to reinstall Antigen from scratch.

Yes, you can!
It should be ok to save the filterlist.adb file in the Program Folder.
Or you could export each filter list. In Antigen Administrator go to
Filtering -> Filter Lists -> [Your List] -> Edit/Import -> Export
In a new installation you can simply import the list at this point.

F'up2 microsoft.public.security.forefront

Regards,
Dieter

--
Dieter Rauscher
MVP ISA Server

Nicolas Macarez

Re: Save Antigen 9.0 Filter Lists
Hi Dieter....
"Dieter Rauscher [MVP]" <dieter.rauscher@msisafaq.de> a écrit dans le
message de news: 7D0D94A2-E802-4C84-B304-F31902100B5F@microsoft.com...
> Hi Nicolas,
>
>> I am running Antigen 9.0 on W2K3 Server and E2K3 SP2.
>>
>> Is there a way to save the exceptions that I set up in Antigen under:
>> Antigen Administrator > FILTERING > Filter Lists.
>>
>> I want to save these lists somewhere, in a TXT file for exemple that I
>> can import later if I need to reinstall Antigen from scratch.

> Yes, you can!
> It should be ok to save the filterlist.adb file in the Program Folder.

Fine with me.

> Or you could export each filter list. In Antigen Administrator go to
> Filtering -> Filter Lists -> [Your List] -> Edit/Import -> Export

I did try this solution. I wonder if there is not something wrong with my
Antigen 9.0 installation/configuration. When you click on Edit/Import, you
just have a window with the title of the exception you made (for example:
macarez@hotmail.com), and two empty panels. At the bottom right, there is
indeed an Export button, but it is greyed. An nowhere in sight a list that
you could export...

> In a new installation you can simply import the list at this point.
>
> F'up2 microsoft.public.security.forefront
>
> Regards,
> Dieter
>
> --
> Dieter Rauscher
> MVP ISA Server
> Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
> Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
> Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/

Dieter Rauscher [MVP]

Re: Save Antigen 9.0 Filter Lists
Hi Nicolas,

> I did try this solution. I wonder if there is not something wrong with my
> Antigen 9.0 installation/configuration. When you click on Edit/Import, you
> just have a window with the title of the exception you made (for example:
> macarez@hotmail.com), and two empty panels. At the bottom right, there is
> indeed an Export button, but it is greyed. An nowhere in sight a list that
> you could export...

That seems to me that you did not configure the filter lists correctly.
If the title of the window is that email address, you do not have anything
in the filter list. That's just the _name_ of the list.
You need to give it a name AND elements inside.

Regards,
Dieter

message de news: CC57D804-4AB5-40B4-9F8C-A60FD887F32E@microsoft.com...
> Hi Nicolas,
>
>> I did try this solution. I wonder if there is not something wrong with my
>> Antigen 9.0 installation/configuration. When you click on Edit/Import,
>> you just have a window with the title of the exception you made (for
>> example: macarez@hotmail.com), and two empty panels. At the bottom right,
>> there is indeed an Export button, but it is greyed. An nowhere in sight a
>> list that you could export...

> That seems to me that you did not configure the filter lists correctly.
> If the title of the window is that email address, you do not have anything
> in the filter list. That's just the _name_ of the list.
> You need to give it a name AND elements inside.

Dieter,
You were quite right. I got confused and set e-mail addresses as names of
filter lists.
Everything is OK now and I can export the list (only one) I created.
You solved another issue which is that with my bad setup, sometimes it
worked (sender authorized), sometimes it did not work: for a specific
sender, the mail was always blocked whatever the content. Now it's fine as
well.
Many thanks for your help.

Nicolas

> Regards,
> Dieter
>
> --
> Dieter Rauscher
> MVP ISA Server
> Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
> Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
> Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/

Dieter Rauscher [MVP]

Re: Save Antigen 9.0 Filter Lists
Hi Nicolas,

> You were quite right. I got confused and set e-mail addresses as names of
> filter lists.
> Everything is OK now and I can export the list (only one) I created.
> You solved another issue which is that with my bad setup, sometimes it
> worked (sender authorized), sometimes it did not work: for a specific
> sender, the mail was always blocked whatever the content. Now it's fine as
> well.

Good to hear!

> Many thanks for your help.

Your're welcome!