Deliver message from Quarantine in Forefront for Exchange 2007

microsoft.public.security.forefront

David Chadwick

Deliver message from Quarantine in Forefront for Exchange 2007
Hi,

Does the "Deliver" button work for anyone when trying to send messages from
the quarantine? I am attempting to do this from an Edge Transport Server.

I don't get any errors, but there is no evidence that the message was even
attempted to be delivered. There is nothing in any of the Exchange 2007
SMTP logs to show an attempt was made.

I am able to save the file to disk and get it that way but it is a bit
annoying that the Deliver button doesn't work. I work at two locations with
Exchange 2007 and Forefront (with Edge Transport servers) and it does not
work at either of them.

I am choosing "deliver to the above recipients" and typing a fully qualified
email address. I have tried all the combinations though and none of them
work. There are no errors in the Event Log either.

Does it work for anyone? It probably works OK from my internal mailbox
server (also running Forefront), but the vast majority of blocked files
happens at the Edge Transport server so this is where the functionality is
most needed.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Regards,
David

Dieter Rauscher [MVP]

Re: Deliver message from Quarantine in Forefront for Exchange 2007
Hi David,

> Does the "Deliver" button work for anyone when trying to send messages
> from the quarantine? I am attempting to do this from an Edge Transport
> Server.

I've running FSE on a Edge Server, too. And I'm able to resend mails.

Which setting is configured for "Deliver From Quarantine Security"? Maybe
that's the issue?

From the online help:
Deliver From Quarantine Security This value gives administrators
flexibility for handling messages and attachments that are forwarded from
quarantine. The options for this setting are Secure Mode and Compatibility
Mode.

Secure Mode forces all messages and attachments delivered from quarantine to
be re-scanned for viruses and filter matches. This is the default setting.
Compatibility Mode allows messages and attachments to be delivered from
quarantine without being scanned for filter matches. (Messages and
attachments are always scanned for viruses.) Forefront Security for Exchange
Server identifies these messages by placing special tag text in the subject
line of all messages that are delivered from quarantine.

Regards,
Dieter

--
Dieter Rauscher