Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Licensing issue

microsoft.public.security.forefront






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2007
Juan E. Gomez
 

Posts: n/a
Licensing issue
Hi!

We have purchased a volume license for 10 users of Forefront for Exchange,
and installed as Antigen for Exchange with the downgrade rights policy cause
is running over a Exchange 2003 server.
My customer has 10 corporate accounts which is for what he bought the 10
licenses pack, but he is giving away some exchange email accounts for some
external co-workers which he doesn't want to be protected by antigen (he
doesn't want to pay additional licenses).

So the question is, how can i assign those 10 licenses to 10 specific
exchange accounts, and how can i be sure that those 10 accounts are
protected by antigen and not violating the licenses agreemet?.

Thanks in advance.
Juan E. Gˇmez

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2007
Dieter Rauscher [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Licensing issue
Hi Juan,

> We have purchased a volume license for 10 users of Forefront for Exchange,
> and installed as Antigen for Exchange with the downgrade rights policy
> cause is running over a Exchange 2003 server.
> My customer has 10 corporate accounts which is for what he bought the 10
> licenses pack, but he is giving away some exchange email accounts for some
> external co-workers which he doesn't want to be protected by antigen (he
> doesn't want to pay additional licenses).
>
> So the question is, how can i assign those 10 licenses to 10 specific
> exchange accounts, and how can i be sure that those 10 accounts are
> protected by antigen and not violating the licenses agreemet?.


First, to get a legally binding answer you should contact your local
Microsoft office.

My understanding is, that FSE licenses are legal and not technical licenses.
So you do not have to asign licenses.
Also, you cannot exclude mailboxes/email addresses from beeing scanned.

Regards,
Dieter

--
Dieter Rauscher
MVP ISA Server
Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2007
Unruh
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Licensing issue
"Dieter Rauscher [MVP]" <dieter.rauscher@msisafaq.de> writes:

>Hi Juan,


>> We have purchased a volume license for 10 users of Forefront for Exchange,
>> and installed as Antigen for Exchange with the downgrade rights policy
>> cause is running over a Exchange 2003 server.
>> My customer has 10 corporate accounts which is for what he bought the 10
>> licenses pack, but he is giving away some exchange email accounts for some
>> external co-workers which he doesn't want to be protected by antigen (he
>> doesn't want to pay additional licenses).
>>
>> So the question is, how can i assign those 10 licenses to 10 specific
>> exchange accounts, and how can i be sure that those 10 accounts are
>> protected by antigen and not violating the licenses agreemet?.


>First, to get a legally binding answer you should contact your local
>Microsoft office.


To get a legally binding answer, you go to court. To get a legal opinion,
you take the contract to a lawyer. To get Microsoft's interested and biased
opinion, you go to Microsoft. It is sure not legally binding on anyone,
including Microsoft.


>My understanding is, that FSE licenses are legal and not technical licenses.
>So you do not have to asign licenses.


? What is a "legal not technical license"? All licenses are legal
instruments. They express in relatively plain language what you are allowed
to do. Once the license is in existence, it, not the opinion of either
party, is what is important. So the first thing is to read the license and
see what it says you can do.

>Also, you cannot exclude mailboxes/email addresses from beeing scanned.


>Regards,
>Dieter


>--
>Dieter Rauscher
>MVP ISA Server
>Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
>Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
>Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2007
Juan E. Gomez
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Licensing issue
Ok, so just to clarify myself, what you mean is that in this case to stay
legal (as mi customer pretends) he should buy as many licenses as exchange
accounts need to be protected. However if he doesn't buy more licenses till
the number of exchange accounts all the accounts will be protected by
Antigen cause there is no technical limitation of the number of exchange
accounts to be protected, but he will remain in an illegal situation cause
he is using more accounts the the number of legally allowed. is it?


thanks!
Juan E. Gomez


"Dieter Rauscher [MVP]" <dieter.rauscher@msisafaq.de> escribiˇ en el mensaje
de noticias news:B5E15445-DAC3-420E-99BE-59F457B75650@microsoft.com...
> Hi Juan,
>
>> We have purchased a volume license for 10 users of Forefront for
>> Exchange, and installed as Antigen for Exchange with the downgrade rights
>> policy cause is running over a Exchange 2003 server.
>> My customer has 10 corporate accounts which is for what he bought the 10
>> licenses pack, but he is giving away some exchange email accounts for
>> some external co-workers which he doesn't want to be protected by antigen
>> (he doesn't want to pay additional licenses).
>>
>> So the question is, how can i assign those 10 licenses to 10 specific
>> exchange accounts, and how can i be sure that those 10 accounts are
>> protected by antigen and not violating the licenses agreemet?.

>
> First, to get a legally binding answer you should contact your local
> Microsoft office.
>
> My understanding is, that FSE licenses are legal and not technical
> licenses. So you do not have to asign licenses.
> Also, you cannot exclude mailboxes/email addresses from beeing scanned.
>
> Regards,
> Dieter
>
> --
> Dieter Rauscher
> MVP ISA Server
> Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
> Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
> Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KMS licensing Steven Shue microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 2 11-14-2007 17:51
Licensing / Reinstallation Rana microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 11-13-2007 17:36
Licensing dm.bourgeois@trinityyachts.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 07-10-2007 00:38
Licensing 0x3333 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 05-16-2007 00:18
Vista Licensing Pasi Heino microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 02-17-2007 23:30




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120