IAG Problems

microsoft.public.security.forefront

Christian J.

IAG Problems
Hello all,

know somebody if there is a Newsgroup for the IAG Server(Whale)? I dont find
one .

May be somebody from here can help me. Here is my Problem:

The problem is that the IAG client software v3.62 uses "Global objects" .The
global objects on terminalservers are not accessible for the userssessions
on the terminal server. There is one solution to free the access to global
objects on the terminal server. Our customer finds this solution to risky.

Can you help me with the following questions:

1) Is the use of IAG client V3.7 SP1 client for (multi)users on a
terminal server supported by Microsoft?

2) If so, what is the solution for the "Global objects"?

3) If not, do you know the name of the "Global objects" that the IAG
client uses?

Thank you for help
Christian J.

ElNiñoSantodeEmaus

Re: IAG Problems
Hi Christian. I am not very sure of what the problem is. Maybe you mean that
there are environment variables that are different for terminal server
sessions that the ones in local sessions. Is you problem regarding endpoint
detection or client-server connector?

Regards

// Raúl

"Christian J." <cj@pyramid.de> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> know somebody if there is a Newsgroup for the IAG Server(Whale)? I dont
> find
> one .
>
> May be somebody from here can help me. Here is my Problem:
>
> The problem is that the IAG client software v3.62 uses "Global objects"
> .The
> global objects on terminalservers are not accessible for the userssessions
> on the terminal server. There is one solution to free the access to global
> objects on the terminal server. Our customer finds this solution to risky.
>

> Can you help me with the following questions:
>

> 1) Is the use of IAG client V3.7 SP1 client for (multi)users on a
> terminal server supported by Microsoft?
>
> 2) If so, what is the solution for the "Global objects"?
>
> 3) If not, do you know the name of the "Global objects" that the IAG
> client uses?
>
> Thank you for help
> Christian J.

Christian J.

Re: IAG Problems
ACTION PLAN:
I make some research and found the following answers to the question:
1) Is the use of IAG client V3.7 SP1 client for (multi)users on a
terminal server supported by Microsoft?
In general, the clients components are not supported on multi-user
environments; even though, limited scenarios such as fast-user-switching are
supported to some extent.

2) If so, what is the solution for the "Global objects"?

As of IAG 3.6/3.7 SP1, the client components will use objects in the local
namespaces in almost most of the cases, but only when running on Vista, on
older versions of the OS the previous behavior was kept and the global
namespace is used.

3) If not, do you know the name of the "Global objects" that the
IAG client uses?

Names are constructed at run-time, common ones are:

- Sections (memory mapped file):

o Tracer: whllog_<executable-name>_pid<process identifier>.csv

o SocketForwarder:

§ WhaleIPC_V1_<number>_<number>

§ WhaleSSLVPN_SharedHistory_V1

- Semaphores:

o SWMRGSemNumReaders<SectionName>

- Mutants (mutexes):

o SWMRGNoWriter<SectionName>

- Events:

o SWMRGNoReaders<SectionName>

Just some additional information.

In non-web scenario, especially with Socket Forwarder around is very
limited, only one concurrent session is (technically) supported. With SF not
around, you may succeed in running multiple sessions, but there are very
serious security implications to this.

"ElNiñoSantodeEmaus" <rmoros@kabel.es> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Christian. I am not very sure of what the problem is. Maybe you mean
> that there are environment variables that are different for terminal
> server sessions that the ones in local sessions. Is you problem regarding
> endpoint detection or client-server connector?
>
> Regards
>
> // Raúl
>
> "Christian J." <cj@pyramid.de> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> know somebody if there is a Newsgroup for the IAG Server(Whale)? I dont
>> find
>> one .
>>
>> May be somebody from here can help me. Here is my Problem:
>>
>> The problem is that the IAG client software v3.62 uses "Global objects"
>> .The
>> global objects on terminalservers are not accessible for the
>> userssessions
>> on the terminal server. There is one solution to free the access to
>> global
>> objects on the terminal server. Our customer finds this solution to
>> risky.
>>

>> Can you help me with the following questions:
>>

>> 1) Is the use of IAG client V3.7 SP1 client for (multi)users on a
>> terminal server supported by Microsoft?
>>
>> 2) If so, what is the solution for the "Global objects"?
>>
>> 3) If not, do you know the name of the "Global objects" that the
>> IAG
>> client uses?
>>
>> Thank you for help
>> Christian J.

ITv6 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IAG Problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian J. View Post
[...]

You can find the new IAG forums in the following address Welcome to Microsoft Forefront IAG 2007 Forums

Enjoy