Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

standalone installation

microsoft.public.security.forefront






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2007
stefano
 

Posts: n/a
standalone installation
Is it possible to install forefront client without all the server stuff ?
thanks

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
Dieter Rauscher [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: standalone installation
Hi stefano,

> Is it possible to install forefront client without all the server stuff ?


Yes, it it. But it doesn't make sense.
What do you want to do without a FCS Server?
You could use Windows Defender and LiveOneCare. That's almost the same but
without centralized management and reporting....

Regards
Dieter

--
Dieter Rauscher
MVP ISA Server
Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
Phil Lee
 

Posts: n/a
Re: standalone installation
Stefano,

you just need to run 'clientsetup /nomom' - from an adminstrative command
prompt if running on Vista.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb625083.aspx

I use it because I don't want all the extra stuff OneCare tries to do for
you.

"stefano" <sc_2111_noreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3F9F2F9B-BE65-44F4-AC04-486DE87BF641@microsoft.com...
> Is it possible to install forefront client without all the server stuff ?
> thanks
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-25-2007
stefano
 

Posts: n/a
Re: standalone installation
Phil ,
thanks a lot for the hint. I don't like Onecare for the same reason ,and
also because if I'm not wrong is not free of charge.
Since we have the right to install forefront as company I 'd rather use
it.
Another question .
After installing the client without deploying the servers , how does it
updates ? Does it use an internet server as other products do ?
thanks
Stefano

"Phil Lee" <phil.lee@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
news:5732AD42-4D99-42DB-9A16-E703D10B5EDA@microsoft.com...
> Stefano,
>
> you just need to run 'clientsetup /nomom' - from an adminstrative command
> prompt if running on Vista.
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb625083.aspx
>
> I use it because I don't want all the extra stuff OneCare tries to do for
> you.
>
> "stefano" <sc_2111_noreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:3F9F2F9B-BE65-44F4-AC04-486DE87BF641@microsoft.com...
>> Is it possible to install forefront client without all the server stuff ?
>> thanks
>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2007
Dieter Rauscher [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: standalone installation
HI stefano,

> Another question .
> After installing the client without deploying the servers , how does it
> updates ? Does it use an internet server as other products do ?


It uses Microsoft Update technology. So either WSUS or MU.

Regards,
Dieter

--
Dieter Rauscher
MVP ISA Server
Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2007
stefano
 

Posts: n/a
Re: standalone installation
Hi Dieter ,
does the client scan also the email client , outlook, and Browser ( IE) ?
thanks
Stefano

"Dieter Rauscher [MVP]" <dieter.rauscher@msisafaq.de> wrote in message
news:3F429912-9463-4591-8C3D-15219531272A@microsoft.com...
> HI stefano,
>
>> Another question .
>> After installing the client without deploying the servers , how does it
>> updates ? Does it use an internet server as other products do ?

>
> It uses Microsoft Update technology. So either WSUS or MU.
>
> Regards,
> Dieter
>
> --
> Dieter Rauscher
> MVP ISA Server
> Website: http://www.msisafaq.de
> Blog: http://msmvps.com/rauscher/
> Buch: http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2007
Dan Adams
 

Posts: n/a
Re: standalone installation
Hi Stafano,
It uses Microsoft Update:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb625083.aspx
Regards,
Dan Adams


"stefano" <sc_2111_noreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:5202D630-8A62-4488-B945-98481174ED3E@microsoft.com...
> Phil ,
> thanks a lot for the hint. I don't like Onecare for the same reason ,and
> also because if I'm not wrong is not free of charge.
> Since we have the right to install forefront as company I 'd rather use
> it.
> Another question .
> After installing the client without deploying the servers , how does it
> updates ? Does it use an internet server as other products do ?
> thanks
> Stefano
>
> "Phil Lee" <phil.lee@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> news:5732AD42-4D99-42DB-9A16-E703D10B5EDA@microsoft.com...
>> Stefano,
>>
>> you just need to run 'clientsetup /nomom' - from an adminstrative command
>> prompt if running on Vista.
>>
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb625083.aspx
>>
>> I use it because I don't want all the extra stuff OneCare tries to do for
>> you.
>>
>> "stefano" <sc_2111_noreply@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:3F9F2F9B-BE65-44F4-AC04-486DE87BF641@microsoft.com...
>>> Is it possible to install forefront client without all the server stuff
>>> ?
>>> thanks
>>>

>>

>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Hacker is getting into my Vista Ultimate Standalone and switchin gre3eo microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 3 10-29-2007 17:01
Article ID: 928636 Für Windows Vista können Sie die Inhalte von einem Microsoft Update Standalone Package nicht extrahieren KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 928636 You cannot extract the contents of a Microsoft Update Standalone Package for Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Time wasted by Standalone Installer Conley microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 09-02-2007 13:09
Synching with a standalone network drive? Nigel Molesworth microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 06-06-2007 22:25




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:13.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120