Windows update 80070005

microsoft.public.pt.windows.vista

Bruno Oliveira

Windows update 80070005
Bom dia, tenho 2 PCs com Windows Vista que deixaram de fazer actualizações
do Windos Update, dá sempre o mesmo erro 80070005. Tentei também instalar o
SP1 do Vista mas dá o mesmo erro.

Como posso resolver o problema?

--

Bruno Oliveira

Alexandre Janeiro [MVP]

Re: Windows update 80070005
Boas!

Dá uma vista de olhos neste artigo:

Error message when you visit the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft
Update Web site: "0x800A0046"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910338

--
Boa sorte!

Por favor responda para os newsgroups para todos partilharem.
Ajude a ser ajudado, indicando toda a informação que seja relevante para a
identificação do problema.
Feedback é apreciado

"Bruno Oliveira" <cbrunoliveira@gmail.com> wrote in message
newsDA3A984-66ED-4562-B0B8-AADD1E742465@microsoft.com...
> Bom dia, tenho 2 PCs com Windows Vista que deixaram de fazer actualizações
> do Windos Update, dá sempre o mesmo erro 80070005. Tentei também instalar
> o SP1 do Vista mas dá o mesmo erro.
>
> Como posso resolver o problema?
>
> --
>
> Bruno Oliveira

raul2k is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows update 80070005
Dont break your heads,follow these steps:
The error code 80070005 usually means that you do not have enough permission to install updates.

First please confirm you have logged on an account with administrative privileges.

If the issue still occurs, lets’ try the following method to reset the permissions:

1. Download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch onto the Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en#AffinityDownloads

2. Go to the Desktop and double click the downloaded file.
3. Select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.

Note: If the UAC (User Account Control) window is prompted for permission to continue, please click Continue.

4. Click Start, in the Start Search bar, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
5. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the open Notepad window:

@echo off

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

@Echo =========================
@Echo Finished.
@Echo =========================
@pause

6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose Save when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the save location.
7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, and then choose "Run as administrator."
8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.

Note: It may take several minutes. Please be patient. When it is completed, you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".

Try to install the updates again.

This issue can be also caused by third-party security programs such as firewalls and anti-virus software. You can disable or remove them to check the issue.

Let us know how is goes.

jezzicaz789 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows update 80070005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre Janeiro [MVP] View Post
Boas!

Dá uma vista de olhos neste artigo:

Error message when you visit the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft
Update Web site: "0x800A0046"
Error message when you visit the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site: "0x800A0046"

--
Boa sorte!

Por favor responda para os newsgroups para todos partilharem.
Ajude a ser ajudado, indicando toda a informação que seja relevante para a
identificação do problema.
Feedback é apreciado
Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

Such a very amazing link!
Movies Online Free