LIPS

microsoft.public.nl.windows.vista

Jan

LIPS
LS,

Volgens Microsoft Eric Ashton, MCDST, MCSA Microsoft Enterprise Business
Applications - Office Deployment moet onderstaande door het Vista team worden
opgelost.

U kunt ook mailen naar jan dot vledder at ganlok dot nl

Twee problemen.

Algemeen:

We are a Holding Company in the Netherlands that acquired several
(relatively small) companies in the Netherlands, Britain, France, and Russia.
In order to consolidate IT structure we plan to move (beginning 2008) to the
Vista platform with Office 2007. We have in total approx 250 workstations.
For that we purchased an OVS (?) Vista Enterprise Desktop and OVS Office
Multi language pack.
We have Software Assurance and in fact lease the software (I am not a
licensing spe******t).
The (Vista and XP) Enterprise Desktop includes Office 2007 Professional and
the “calls” for e.g. Exchange, SharePoint etc.
It is maybe important to mention that we design (agricultural) machinery
with ProEngineer which requires 64 Bits computing on several special
workstations.
Right now, we are in the process to create the (thick) images (.WIM) for a
32 bits environment and for a 64 bits environment.

Goal is following:
1) Prepare 2 (32 & 64 Bits) cooperate images that contain Vista, Office 2007
and some other “standard” software (like Adobe reader 8.0, some dictionaries,
Forefront Client security etc.).
2) The software has to include the following (language) interfaces: English
(we start with an UK version), Dutch, French, Russian.
3) In addition, users should have the possibilities to do spell checking
(Proofing) of many other languages. We had the habit to simply install all
(but Chinese and Arabic) languages of the Office 2003 Proofing disk.
Problems we face are following now (I split between the 32 and 64 bits
platform):

32 Bits:
The image is ready, we did install everything and the .WIM image installs as
a breeze (with PE) on all our tested workstations.
We have the 4 desired language interfaces: English, Dutch, French, and
Russian. Very nice, switching between the languages without any problem.

--- Probleem 1 ---

Unfortunately we got stuck when asking for the Proofing tools.
As you mention, the DVD with the ~ 39 languages is not yet available (we
were promised October 2007).
We face a problem (but that could be a bug) when using the spell checking of
the English, Dutch, French and Russian languages.
I add a screen shot that clearly shows on the “Editing Languages” tab the
support of Russian is “limited”. We tested other languages that show the same
(limited) support.
We assume that (after installing the Proofing DVD) the “limited support”
“disappears”.
Conclusion for 32 bits:
a) We cannot finish the image because LIP’s give “limited” support for
proofing and
b) We canot install the Proofing DVD because it is unavailable.
It would be overkill (and result in a very big image) if we would install
all existing LIP’s just for proofing reasons (~250 MB per language!).
Please comment this, and please indicate when we could expect the Proofing
DVD in order to check if this fits in our implementation schedule.
Or, alternatively, please give us a workaround for the problem.

--- Probleem 2 ---

Regarding 64 Bits Vista we face additional following problem:
From my software supplier I got following links to download appropriate MUIs.
Unfortunately, the software spe******t left the company leaving us with a
serious problem.
As you will see, the 32 bits links work. We downloaded the needed files.
However, the 64 bits links are not working.
Please indicate the correct download location(s) or, alternatively, please
give us a workaround for the problem.

MUI's in order -

Chinese (PRC)
Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)
English
Spanish
Swedish
Japanese
Portuguese (Brazil)
Norwegian
Dutch
Finnish
French-
Russian
German
Danish
Korean
Italian

Ik han u de links toezenden maar zet die speciaal niet in deze tekst.

Dank vast,
--
Jan
Hans Schuts

Re: LIPS
Op Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:05:02 -0800, Jan <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com>
schreef:

>Volgens Microsoft Eric Ashton, MCDST, MCSA Microsoft Enterprise Business
>Applications - Office Deployment moet onderstaande door het Vista team worden
>opgelost.

En wat is dan dat zogenaamde Vista-team? In ieder geval zul je dat
hier niet vinden.
--

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Hans Schuts