Update (KB71033)

unhappyWithUpdate(KB71033)

Update (KB71033)
Up until now I have been a loyal MS user. I have recently purchased a laptop
with Windows 7 installed. I now here that MS wants my computer to report to
it on a regular basis. I think this is a slap in the face to all legitimate
users of MS products. If this update gets installed on my computer I will
uninstall Windows 7 and learn to use Linux - end of story.

Cheers,
MowGreen

Re: Update (KB71033)
unhappyWithUpdate(KB71033) wrote:
> Up until now I have been a loyal MS user. I have recently purchased a laptop
> with Windows 7 installed. I now here that MS wants my computer to report to
> it on a regular basis. I think this is a slap in the face to all legitimate
> users of MS products. If this update gets installed on my computer I will
> uninstall Windows 7 and learn to use Linux - end of story.
>
> Cheers,

1) KB71033 does not exist. There is no such update as they ALL contain 6
numbers.

2) Linux distros:
http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+distributions

Enjoy !

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
Crypto

RE: Update (KB71033)

First of all, The Update is Optional. Thenafter you install it, it'll run as
a background task and you dont have to worry about any more manual
activation/validation/checking etc. It'll run in background and download the
new defenetions.
Its simply like an Antivirus Software. So if your using Genuine Software,
nothing to worry about and also, It wont send your personal information

Quote:
This update is voluntary; you can choose not to install it, and you can
permanently hide it so it’s never offered to you again. You can also remove
the update at any time. And in his blog post, Williams stresses that
Information transmitted to Microsoft servers “does not include any personally
identifiable information or any other information that Microsoft can use to
identify or contact you.” [bold text in original]

via http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=1759
get the WAT Update from here http://bit.ly/bkrte7

"unhappyWithUpdate(KB71033)" wrote:

> Up until now I have been a loyal MS user. I have recently purchased a laptop
> with Windows 7 installed. I now here that MS wants my computer to report to
> it on a regular basis. I think this is a slap in the face to all legitimate
> users of MS products. If this update gets installed on my computer I will
> uninstall Windows 7 and learn to use Linux - end of story.
>
> Cheers,

MowGreen

Re: Update (KB71033)
NO NO NO do NOT click the shortened link as it goes to

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/val...5-bbdf759f0f34

which has absolutely *nothing* to do with WAT for Win 7, it's just a
generic Genuine MS validation page.

Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7
http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/gen...windows-7.aspx

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten