KB958559 - Virtual PC

HAL9000

KB958559 - Virtual PC
Hi,

now that Virtual PC for Windows 7 is provided as an ordinary update, it
would be great if it were available in the update catalog or even in the
Virtual PC section of WSUS as a feature pack, just like
WDS/Silverlight/PowerShell/etc...
This would simplify deployment A LOT!

Thanks!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...date_ catalog
MowGreen

Re: KB958559 - Virtual PC
" Open the pod bay doors, HAL. "

Inquiring minds want to know ... where in the KB article does it state
that Virtual PC is now being offered as an update to every Windows 7
system ?

MowGreen
================
* -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

HAL9000 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that Virtual PC for Windows 7 is provided as an ordinary update, it
> would be great if it were available in the update catalog or even in the
> Virtual PC section of WSUS as a feature pack, just like
> WDS/Silverlight/PowerShell/etc...
> This would simplify deployment A LOT!
>
> Thanks!
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...date_ catalog

HAL9000

Re: KB958559 - Virtual PC
"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

And I'm sorry that I wasn't clear on what I meant with "ordinary update" as
well...
I was refering to the file format: While Virtual PC 2007 is offered as a MSI
package, the new Virtual PC is offered as a MSU file, which I consider to be
an "ordinary update" - in this case something I cannot (unlike the MSI of VPC
2007) deploy directly with GPO/SCUP without creating a wusa-msi-wrapper. You
are - of course - entirely right that something should only be considered an
ordinary update when you can actually see it on the Windows Update site, and
that was my suggestion, well, actually just to offer it through the update
catalog.

"MowGreen" wrote:

> " Open the pod bay doors, HAL. "
>
> Inquiring minds want to know ... where in the KB article does it state
> that Virtual PC is now being offered as an update to every Windows 7
> system ?
>

> MowGreen
> ================
> * -343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
>

> HAL9000 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > now that Virtual PC for Windows 7 is provided as an ordinary update, it
> > would be great if it were available in the update catalog or even in the
> > Virtual PC section of WSUS as a feature pack, just like
> > WDS/Silverlight/PowerShell/etc...
> > This would simplify deployment A LOT!
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...date_ catalog

> .

MowGreen

Re: KB958559 - Virtual PC
Thanks for the clarification. There use to be a link on the MU catalog
home page to submit input but I no longer see it there.
Hold on ... I don't give up easily. Try this:

http://mymfe.microsoft.com/support.m...e/Support.aspx

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten