unable to download

GAF

unable to download
After clicking "continue" (that's after selecting the folder), i get
following message:

The website has encountered a problem

[Error number: 800A01C2]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:
Frequently Asked Questions

Help and Support

Pls guide how to solve it.
bshar

RE: unable to download
I'm having the exact same problem. I have no idea what the error message
means, I haven't had any trouble downloading until today.

"GAF" wrote:

> After clicking "continue" (that's after selecting the folder), i get
> following message:
>

> The website has encountered a problem
>
> [Error number: 800A01C2]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> For self-help options:
> Frequently Asked Questions
>
> Help and Support
>
> Pls guide how to solve it.

Berna

RE: unable to download
same problem here guys. it's seems it's a MS server problem and not something
on the OS.

Let's wait a few days maybe they will fix it.

i also need to download an important driver that may solve the problem with
my win crashes.

"bshar" wrote:

> I'm having the exact same problem. I have no idea what the error message
> means, I haven't had any trouble downloading until today.
>
> "GAF" wrote:
>
> > After clicking "continue" (that's after selecting the folder), i get
> > following message:
> >

> > The website has encountered a problem
> >
> > [Error number: 800A01C2]
> > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> > For self-help options:
> > Frequently Asked Questions
> >
> > Help and Support
> >
> > Pls guide how to solve it.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: unable to download

"Berna" <Berna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:425378CA-AAA8-403A-923A-ECFA0C79E213@microsoft.com...
> same problem here guys. it's seems it's a MS server problem and not something
> on the OS.
>
> Let's wait a few days maybe they will fix it.

Now fixed?

If not, post some details.

FWIW I tried the smallest download I could find as an example,
after a search for XP sp3, and the only problem I noted was
a deficiency in the Browse dialog--it wouldn't let me just type
a new directory name, I had to use the directory tree to specify
the download location. ICIM: IE8 on XPsp3.

> i also need to download an important driver that may solve the problem with
> my win crashes.

In fact, I think my "smallest file" was a driver. ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> "bshar" wrote:
>
>> I'm having the exact same problem. I have no idea what the error message
>> means, I haven't had any trouble downloading until today.
>>
>> "GAF" wrote:
>>
>> > After clicking "continue" (that's after selecting the folder), i get
>> > following message:
>> >

>> > The website has encountered a problem
>> >
>> > [Error number: 800A01C2]
>> > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
>> > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
>> > For self-help options:
>> > Frequently Asked Questions
>> >
>> > Help and Support
>> >
>> > Pls guide how to solve it.

drgt

unable to download
Same problem here.

What takes so long???!!!
drgt

unable to download
problem solved: Install suggested software when page opens.

http://forums.techguy.org/6974243-post3.html
MaNimal

Re: unable to download
Same problem here people.
[I only had this problem when i took the plunge and applied SP3 & upgraded
to snail-pace IE8 - god what a painful browser...]
PLEASE ALLOW OTHER BROWSERS TO USE THE CATALOGUE..! ***grr***

So no-one has yet identified what is causing this error ?

And no-one from Microsoft has so far offered to look into it & start working
on any kind of solution..?

This is a big thing, as the update catalogue is an extremely useful service
for us [system admins] who want to keep backups of updates..!

For Gods Sake sort this out; its currently un-usable.!?

Begging again at the Gates of (hell) Microflab.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING; even if it's jus tto post to let users know the big
boys are aware of this..?
MowGreen

Re: unable to download
No one from MS frequents this newsgroup.
Try here:

Send us your feedback
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...e/Support.aspx

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"