Download from a service pack

IZ5MSM - McGrull

Download from a service pack
Hi all,

there is a way to download all update since a relased service pack to
today?
MowGreen

Re: Download from a service pack
IZ5MSM - McGrull wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there is a way to download all update since a relased service pack to
> today?

Manually or automatically ?
Security updates or just updates in general ?

List of *all* updates offered in 2009:
Description of Software Update Services and Windows Server Update
Services changes in content for 2009
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894199

List of *all* Security updates issued since 2000, some of which have
been superseded by subsequent Security updates:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx

Available monthly releases of Security ISO images:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...&stype=s_basic

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"
IZ5MSM - McGrull

On 7 Ott, 18:02, MowGreen <mowgr...@nowandzen.com> wrote:
> IZ5MSM - McGrull wrote:
> > Hi all,

> > there is a way to download all update since a relased service pack to
> > today?

> Manually or automatically ?

Automatically.

> Security updates or just updates in general ?

The first but in many condition both.

My scenario is a little lan without internet connection, with various
client XP / 2000.

I see the beautiful catalog, but without any filter / advance search.

So I was thinking to automatically download the updates starting a
date, or best, starting a released service pack (ex. SP4 for 2k and
SP3 for XP) but the catalog doesn't permit that.

> List of *all* updates offered in 2009:
> Description of Software Update Services and Windows Server Update
> Services changes in content for 2009http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894199
> List of *all* Security updates issued since 2000, some of which have
> been superseded by subsequent Security updates:http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx
> Available monthly releases of Security ISO images:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...text=security+...

That are useless in my environment, like the new catalog. So I ask if
there is a way to massive download updates starting a released service
pack; so next i can burn my cd/dvd and update my systems.

Do you understand now my query?

IZ5MSM - McGrull wrote:

> On 7 Ott, 18:02, MowGreen <mowgr...@nowandzen.com> wrote:
>
>>IZ5MSM - McGrull wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,

>>>there is a way to download all update since a relased service pack to
>>>today?

>>Manually or automatically ?

> Automatically.
>

>>Security updates or just updates in general ?

> The first but in many condition both.
>

> My scenario is a little lan without internet connection, with various
> client XP / 2000.
>
> I see the beautiful catalog, but without any filter / advance search.
>
> So I was thinking to automatically download the updates starting a
> date, or best, starting a released service pack (ex. SP4 for 2k and
> SP3 for XP) but the catalog doesn't permit that.
>

>>List of *all* updates offered in 2009:
>>Description of Software Update Services and Windows Server Update
>>Services changes in content for 2009http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894199
>>List of *all* Security updates issued since 2000, some of which have
>>been superseded by subsequent Security updates:http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx
>>Available monthly releases of Security ISO images:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...text=security+...

> That are useless in my environment, like the new catalog. So I ask if
> there is a way to massive download updates starting a released service
> pack; so next i can burn my cd/dvd and update my systems.
>
> Do you understand now my query?

Yes. The only way to update the systems in your scenario is after
applying an SP you'll need to have one Win2K and one XP system connected
to the internet.
Visit the Windows Update site and after the initial scan click the
Custom button.
There will be a complete list of updates released after the SP came out.
Print out the list for both Win2K and XP.
Then download them from either the Microsoft Update Catalog or the MS
Download Center.
Burn them to a CD and install them from a networked location.
That's the only way I see how you can install them on a network that is
not connected to the net.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

IZ5MSM - McGrull

Re: Download from a service pack
> Yes. The only way to update the systems in your scenario is after
> applying an SP you'll need to have one Win2K and one XP system connected
> to the internet.

Via GPRS connection? Unfortunately there isn't a internet connection,
like I have wrote.

> Visit the Windows Update site and after the initial scan click the
> Custom button.
> There will be a complete list of updates released after the SP came out.
> Print out the list for both Win2K and XP.
> Then download them from either the Microsoft Update Catalog or the MS
> Download Center.
> Burn them to a CD and install them from a networked location.
> That's the only way I see how you can install them on a network that is
> not connected to the net.

Imho, if the Catalog che be queried by an useful search criteria is
best.

Searching patch by patch might be a awful job.
jimos82

"IZ5MSM - McGrull" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there is a way to download all update since a relased service pack to
> today?

Adi Jayanto

Re: Download from a service pack
Try AutoPatcher Updater http://autopatcher.com

Been downloading update form them since 2006