need help

someclown

need help
when trying to access windows update site I recieve this message but no
yellow strip appears under the address bar to allow active x controls to run
from this site ,this is the message I receive.
Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
control.
1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
below the address bar.
2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.

Note: If the Information Bar doesn't appear, or if you've installed the
control but still can't use the website, take these steps to solve the
problem.

Example: Internet Explorer Information Bar with right-click menu

MowGreen

Re: need help
This is the Microsoft Update Catalog newsgroup.

Suggest you post to the Windows Update newsgroup as it deals with client
side updating issues:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

Also, you should include which edition of Windows, what Service Pack
level the OS is now on, and what security software is installed
[antivirus/security suite/and IF a 3rd party firewall is being used]

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

someclown wrote:

> when trying to access windows update site I recieve this message but no
> yellow strip appears under the address bar to allow active x controls to run
> from this site ,this is the message I receive.
> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
> control.
> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
> below the address bar.
> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
>
> Note: If the Information Bar doesn't appear, or if you've installed the
> control but still can't use the website, take these steps to solve the
> problem.
>

> Example: Internet Explorer Information Bar with right-click menu

Paul Russell

Re: need help
do you mean MU Catalog or MU Downlevel site?

"someclown" <someclown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when trying to access windows update site I recieve this message but no
> yellow strip appears under the address bar to allow active x controls to
> run
> from this site ,this is the message I receive.
> Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
> control.
> 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
> below the address bar.
> 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
> 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
>
> Note: If the Information Bar doesn't appear, or if you've installed the
> control but still can't use the website, take these steps to solve the
> problem.
>

> Example: Internet Explorer Information Bar with right-click menu

danna

Re: need help

"Paul Russell" wrote:

> do you mean MU Catalog or MU Downlevel site?
>

> "someclown" <someclown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when trying to access windows update site I recieve this message but no
> > yellow strip appears under the address bar to allow active x controls to
> > run
> > from this site ,this is the message I receive.
> > Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
> > The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
> > control.
> > 1. Right-click the Internet Explorer Information Bar. It's located just
> > below the address bar.
> > 2. In the right-click menu, click Install ActiveX Control.
> > 3. In the Security Warning dialog box, click Install.
> >
> > Note: If the Information Bar doesn't appear, or if you've installed the
> > control but still can't use the website, take these steps to solve the
> > problem.
> >

> > Example: Internet Explorer Information Bar with right-click menu
> >
> > I get the same information but the yellow active x bar disappears before I can click on it Even when I use the menu option the bar disappears too fast. I have windows xp avg anti virus but not sure whats updates as I need to accept the active x control for the above updates. I hope someone can help soon Thanks

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: need help

"danna" <danna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...a-d72e8498d290

Poster appended to a quoted line:

> "Paul Russell" wrote:

(correcting quote level)

> I get the same information but the yellow active x bar disappears before I
> can click on it Even when I use the menu option the bar disappears too
> fast. I have windows xp avg anti virus but not sure whats updates as I
> need to accept the active x control for the above updates. I hope someone
> can help soon Thanks

And evidently has completely ignored what the previous responders had to say
to the OP (last October). ; ]

---

MikhailCompo

RE: need help
ENSURE YOU ARE USING THE ADDRESS:

httpS://catalog.update.microsoft.com [NOTE THE httpS]