Need Update link for French Windows (LinkId=135771)

Jedry

Need Update link for French Windows (LinkId=135771)
Hi,

I'm unable to run a program and it says I may need to download a hotfix.

The hotfix is: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=135771

However, I am running FRENCH Windows XP. (I bought the computer whilst
living in France.
When I try to run the update, it fails because 'the update is a different
language to the Windows language'

Does anyone know where I can download this update for FRENCH XP ?

Grateful for any help!
MowGreen

Re: Need Update link for French Windows (LinkId=135771)
Please clarify

> it says I may need to download a hotfix

What 'it' are you referring to - the program, which provided that link,
a message from XP which provided that link, or, was that link from a
Microsoft Knowledge Base article ?

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Jedry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm unable to run a program and it says I may need to download a hotfix.
>
> The hotfix is: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=135771
>
> However, I am running FRENCH Windows XP. (I bought the computer whilst
> living in France.
> When I try to run the update, it fails because 'the update is a different
> language to the Windows language'
>
> Does anyone know where I can download this update for FRENCH XP ?
>
> Grateful for any help!

Jedry

Re: Need Update link for French Windows (LinkId=135771)
Hi MowGreen,

My son is using 'Games for Windows' Live and cannot interact with other
players online. I'll try to get more informatioon from him later (he's in
school at the moment) but a page comes up sayin possible solutions to the
problem and advises downlading an update, with the link provided.

I think it's a Microsoft page advising the update.

The update downloads fine, but when it tries to install it says it can't as
the language of the update is different to the Windows language (which is
French)

I am sure there must be a French version of the update somewhere as people
from all over the world are using Games for Windows Live.

Thanks for your time.

MowGreen

Re: Need Update link for French Windows (LinkId=135771)
Howdy Jedry,

You're welcome. The procedure to obtain Hotfixes has changed, AFAIK, and
one must access the Microsoft Knowledge Base article that describes an
issue and then either use the " View and request hotfix downloads "
link, just under the KB's title or, download a released hotfix from the
links on the page.
Going by the download that appeared after clicking the redirect link you
posted, WindowsXP-KB938759-x86-ENU.exe, by changing the ENU to FRA, one
should be able to download the update for French systems:

http://download.microsoft.com/Window...59-x86-FRA.exe

But, it results in a File Not Found message.
So, if MS is recommending that this Hotfix be appllied they sure don't
make it easy for one to obtain it for XP and much more difficult to
obtain if for French editions of XP

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Jedry wrote:

> Hi MowGreen,
>
> My son is using 'Games for Windows' Live and cannot interact with other
> players online. I'll try to get more informatioon from him later (he's in
> school at the moment) but a page comes up sayin possible solutions to the
> problem and advises downlading an update, with the link provided.
>
> I think it's a Microsoft page advising the update.
>
> The update downloads fine, but when it tries to install it says it can't as
> the language of the update is different to the Windows language (which is
> French)
>
> I am sure there must be a French version of the update somewhere as people
> from all over the world are using Games for Windows Live.
>
> Thanks for your time.

Daggial

Re: Need Update link for French Windows (LinkId=135771)
not working with ITA

"MowGreen" wrote:

> Going by the download that appeared after clicking the redirect link you
> posted, WindowsXP-KB938759-x86-ENU.exe, by changing the ENU to FRA, one
> should be able to download the update for French systems:
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/Window...59-x86-FRA.exe

MowGreen

Re: Need Update link for French Windows (LinkId=135771)
> Going by the download that appeared after clicking the redirect link you posted,
> WindowsXP-KB938759-x86-ENU.exe, by changing the ENU to FRA, one should be able to download the update
> for French systems:

The key word is *should*.

> So, if MS is recommending that this Hotfix be appllied they sure don't make it easy for one to obtain
> it for XP and much more difficult to obtain if for French editions of XP

Make that Italian and who knows which other languages.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Daggial wrote:

> not working with ITA
>
> "MowGreen" wrote:
>

>>Going by the download that appeared after clicking the redirect link you
>>posted, WindowsXP-KB938759-x86-ENU.exe, by changing the ENU to FRA, one
>>should be able to download the update for French systems:
>>
>>http://download.microsoft.com/Window...59-x86-FRA.exe

lionbirdteeth

Re: Need Update link for French Windows (LinkId=135771)
<< Make that Italian and who knows which other languages.>>

Finnish, for one.
looks like I need to get an english XP/Vista from somewhere!?

"MowGreen" wrote:

> > Going by the download that appeared after clicking the redirect link you posted,
> > WindowsXP-KB938759-x86-ENU.exe, by changing the ENU to FRA, one should be able to download the update
> > for French systems:

> The key word is *should*.
>
> > So, if MS is recommending that this Hotfix be appllied they sure don't make it easy for one to obtain
> > it for XP and much more difficult to obtain if for French editions of XP

> Make that Italian and who knows which other languages.
>

> MowGreen
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Daggial wrote:
>
> > not working with ITA
> >
> > "MowGreen" wrote:
> >

> >>Going by the download that appeared after clicking the redirect link you
> >>posted, WindowsXP-KB938759-x86-ENU.exe, by changing the ENU to FRA, one
> >>should be able to download the update for French systems:
> >>
> >>http://download.microsoft.com/Window...59-x86-FRA.exe

kaptainpepyn

RE: Need Update link for French Windows (LinkId=135771)
Hi, Jedry. You probably found your answer by now, but just in case, a
GFWModerator gave a link where you can have the update you need. There is
also other links for other language like Japaneese, Deutch, Russian, Italien,
etc.

http://forums.gamesforwindows.com/t/4404.aspx

Kaptainpepyn
Fallout forever