Update catalog keeps failing to download

Esben

Update catalog keeps failing to download
...used it several times yesterday, untill it started failing for no apparent
reason, imediately offering to add my updates to the cart if I click ok
(which atleast saves me the trouble of adding the 28 updates one by one
again).
I tried booting, and using Firefox but no luck. (With Firefox I get this
funny message: "If you prefer to use a different browser, you can get updates
from Microsoft Download Center").
Esben

RE: Update catalog keeps failing to download
Update - After all the updates failing, and the option to add them back into
the cart, it displays Error number: 80282004

"Esben" wrote:

> ..used it several times yesterday, untill it started failing for no apparent
> reason, imediately offering to add my updates to the cart if I click ok
> (which atleast saves me the trouble of adding the 28 updates one by one
> again).
> I tried booting, and using Firefox but no luck. (With Firefox I get this
> funny message: "If you prefer to use a different browser, you can get updates
> from Microsoft Download Center").

MowGreen

Re: Update catalog keeps failing to download
Send MS your feedback:
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...e/Support.aspx

0x80282004 yields nothing on TechNet, MSDN, the MSKB, nor Google.
Are you sure that's the error code ?

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Esben wrote:

> Update - After all the updates failing, and the option to add them back into
> the cart, it displays Error number: 80282004
>
> "Esben" wrote:
>

>>..used it several times yesterday, untill it started failing for no apparent
>>reason, imediately offering to add my updates to the cart if I click ok
>>(which atleast saves me the trouble of adding the 28 updates one by one
>>again).
>>I tried booting, and using Firefox but no luck. (With Firefox I get this
>>funny message: "If you prefer to use a different browser, you can get updates
>>from Microsoft Download Center").

Esben Frandsen

Re: Update catalog keeps failing to download
Hi, yes that was the errorcode allright.. - I also didn┬┤t find a thing for it.

In the meantime however, I figured that it could be an error in the cookie,
so I tried removing a completely random update from the basket, and then
downloads started rolling in. It stopped again with the same error, and I did
the same trick again. When my basket was empty, I added the two removed
updates, and downloaded them with no problems..