when I try to go to the Microsoft Update website, the oddest thing

mo-chan

when I try to go to the Microsoft Update website, the oddest thing
So whenever I go to try to go to Windowsupdate.com,or rather:
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...&thankspage=2&,
this is what pops up pn the screen (and this is ALL that comes up on the
screen):

Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site. This website
is designed to work with Microsoft Windows operating systems only.To find
updates for Microsoft products that are designed for Macintosh operating
systems, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/mac/.

Needless to say, I would not be posting this message if I were actually on a
Mac -- as I happen to be on a PC that in all other respects works just fine,
I think most people would be inclined to agree with me that this is a
rather...odd...response. Has anyone else ever heard of this happening before?
And if so, is there anyway to fix it? Officeupdate is also not working.

TaurArian

Re: when I try to go to the Microsoft Update website, the oddest thing
mo-chan wrote:
:: So whenever I go to try to go to Windowsupdate.com,or rather:
::
[...]

See: Windows Update page says "Thank you for your interest in obtaining
updates from our site."
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/35/1/

For future reference, it would be better to post to the Windows Update
site -
Windows Update newsgroup:
(OE newsreader)
or
(Web)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ang =en&cr=US

Xposted to Windows Update should further assistance be required.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org